The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We're looking for a technical consulting delivery leader who is passionate about customer success and knows what it takes to successfully implement new technology within the enterprise. You'll have the opportunity to build out a new Migration Services practice within MongoDB Professional Services, acting as the technical delivery arm of our Customer Success team to ensure our most important and technically demanding customers get the help they need as part of their onboarding experience to make them fantastically successful.
MongoDB Professional Services provides deep expertise to support customers' most critical projects and maximize their investment in the MongoDB application data platform. Our consulting engineers work together with customers to solve complex engineering problems and implement a variety of applications and use cases with MongoDB.
This role will be based remotely in New York City, Atlanta, or Remote North America (East Coast)
What you'll do
- Design technical onboarding journeys: Partnering with Customer Success, Professional Services, Technical Support and Sales leaders, the first and most critical journey on which you'll focus is existing MongoDB customers migrating from on-prem to Atlas, our cloud data platform. You'll build a robust migration services program to ensure that even the most technically challenging migrations are successful. Once firmly established with demonstrable success, you'll expand the scope of the practice to other onboarding journeys so that we include prescriptive, well-defined technical services engagements that drive customer success in a variety of adoption scenarios
- Drive deep cross-functional field engineering work: Collaborate with Technical Support to bring the combined technical might of the PS and TS teams together on large customer migrations, ensuring that our customers reap the benefit of our entire bench of technical expertise, and that customer needs for supportability by TS during and post-migration are identified early
- Build a team of technical experts: Manage, develop and scale a global team of consulting engineers to be the technical experts on all aspects of migrating apps to Atlas. This core migration services team will be supplemented by our regional PS delivery teams with whom you'll partner on customer migrations
- Invest in the right places: Define appropriate qualifying criteria for customers to engage with migration services, so that we use our finite resources in the most optimal way
- Enable Sales teams: You'll be the 'front end' to Sales, partnering with the Services Sales Enablement team to ensure tight alignment with and rigorous ongoing enablement of Sales and Customer Success - in particular, ensuring clarity around the criteria for qualifying customers for onboarding services and enabling sellers and Customer Success Managers to position those services to their customers
- Measure and optimize: Design and track metrics to measure the success of migration services in terms of customer satisfaction and ability to drive revenue for MongoDB
- Forecast and plan: Forecast and plan needed delivery capacity so that we are not limited in the ability of the migration services team to help qualifying customers
- Stay tech-savvy: Keep sufficiently up-to-speed on MongoDB products, customer use cases and adoption scenarios, challenges and risks, in order to guide your team to make the best technical recommendations for our customers
- Take extreme ownership and ensure customer satisfaction: Proactively inspect the status of all in-flight migrations until done and the customer is happy e.g. for migrations to Atlas, ensure regional PS delivery teams benefit from additional guidance from migration experts in your team
- Champion product improvements:
- build a close relationship with and matin a tight feedback loop with Product team stakeholders to provide high-quality feedback on Atlas migration tools, Atlas limits, and other migration pain points, and advocating on behalf of our customers, so that the Product team can best prioritize future product development to eliminate migration friction
- expedite changes to Atlas soft limits or other backend configuration changes or support collectively agreed to be necessary and appropriate to successfully migrate specific workloads
Experience you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field
- 5+ years experience in enterprise technology professional services, in a delivery or leadership role
- Additional experience in a customer success role is a bonus
- Paramount is a demonstrated focus on customer success and delivering a superlative customer experience
- Familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and software deployment and operations
- Exposure to one or more database technologies. Knowledge of MongoDB is a plus, but not required
- Experience of business-critical data migrations
- Ability to adapt to innovative technologies and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute those plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A “can-do” attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire teams to their best work, with and without line management authority, and to build a culture of excellence and inclusivity
- Proven ability to manage complex technical implementation projects to completion
Within 3 months:
- Complete new hire technical training to acquire technical knowledge of MongoDB products, their specific capabilities and use cases
- Familiarize yourself with the Professional Services business and how we help customers accelerate and de-risk their adoption of the MongoDB application data platform
- Get to know your team and support them in the effective realization of in-flight initiatives
- Launch the migration services program for on-prem MongoDB to cloud (MongoDB Atlas) migrations
Within 6 months:
- Define and track metrics to measure the success of the migration services program
- Have several successful customer migrations under your belt
- Plan for scale
Within 12 months:
- Demonstrates effectiveness of the migration services program (e.g. increased customer satisfaction, accelerated ARR, reduced tech support escalations)
- Detailed roadmap for onboarding services for additional customer adoption scenarios
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.