Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Our broadcasters are the backbone to the Twitch community. This role is your chance to grow our payouts for our broadcasters. Twitch is scaling its operations and your contributions will make an impact to our success. We are looking for someone with both a vision for operational excellence and a focus on standardizing processes and implementing best practices. You will report to the Senior Manager - Original Content.
- Support month-end close related to Platform Accounting payment accounts. This includes preparing journal entries, reconciliations, margin analytics, and flux analysis related to content costs.
- Process broadcaster payments timely and accurately.
- Perform the daily activities of the payments team including responding to customer service tickets, database queries, ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and tax reporting.
- Own margin analysis and new product testing related to creator payments. Work with product teams to identify and resolve upstream data issues.
- Perform operating procedures, internal controls and workflows to increase the efficiency of our content payout process following SOX controls.
- Work with Tax, Legal, Finance Business Integration, and Product teams to provide user requirements and perform testing for projects affecting content payments.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
- 6+ years of accounting experience at a quickly evolving company, media and entertainment industry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Accurate, detailed, and a love for data with advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions) and unphased by large datasets.
- Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects. Can identify and focus work on high risk areas, prioritize, and resolve issues.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
- Curious and enthusiastic - not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes, to improve processes and own projects, automate manual workflows, and to have fun while doing it all.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license, Big Four public accounting firm experience, and system implementation and integrations.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.