Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 5000 businesses are spending an average of 3.3% less and closing their books 8 times faster, thanks to Ramp’s finance automation platform that enables billions of dollars of purchases each year.
Founded in 2019, Ramp has seen nearly 10x year-over-year growth which has led to a valuation of $8.1 billion in just over 3 years. Its investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The team is made up of talented leaders from some of the leading financial services and fintech companies—Capital One, Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Visa—as well as high-growth technology companies like Facebook, Spotify, Zendesk, Uber, Dropbox, and Instacart. Recently named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company, Ramp is NYC’s fastest-growing startup and America’s fastest-growing corporate card.
About the Role
As a second-line leader to a growing group of 4 leads, you will lead the post-sales teams for Ramp - account management (AM). This team is focused on retaining, growing, and facilitating cross/upsells to Ramp customers. Your primary responsibility for 1:1 coaching and mentoring leaders, whilst driving the strategy of a post-sales organization.
This is a high-performing, results-focused organization where a high-impact leader can thrive, shape the vision, and improve performance against KPIs.
If you enjoy building teams (involved with the strategy and scaling) at a fast-growing company this role is for you. Your role will be very cross functional - working with senior leaders across Sales, Customer Success, Support, Marketing, Ops, Risk, Product, and leadership.
What You’ll Do
- Exceed upsell and cross sell goals for the base business through these post-sales teams.
- Exceed net retention, logo retention, and activation goals. Set the strategy to enable this
- Oversee the activities and quota performance management of these teams to ensure key performance metrics are met.
- Design and implement a scalable account management strategy and system. Create a scalable model where Closed Won and recently Onboarded opportunities are quickly managed and primed for growth
- Mentor and train sales leaders. Manage a group of 3 (and growing) front line leaders across Account Management focused on growing our base of clients
- Improve team output and efficiency over time by finding better ways to use systems and processes to service customers.
- Provide daily 1:1 mentoring and coaching for front line leaders to drive excellence for the reps
- Recruit, hire, and onboard new AM leaders and reps
- Create forecasts and analyze performance data to look for process improvements
- Represent the post-sales team cross-functionally with leaders of other departments and ensure you influence those teams to deliver the support needed for AM-activities.
- Maintain a high-performance AM Team culture and morale (work hard, play hard, rest hard)
- Develop and execute career development and leadership
- Success in fast-paced, results-oriented GTM environments, ideally at SaaS companies.
- 10+ years of experience building and leading high-performing sales or account management teams with a proven track record of exceeding goal
- 5+ years of quota carrying sales or account management experience as an individual contributor, with proven, consistent track-record exceeding goal. Cross and upsell experience is a plus.
- Track-record building and leading teams that consistently outperform
- Ability to use data to make decisions and to help create systems to scale the team and improve efficiency
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills demonstrated through superior communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude with a focus on having a growth mindset
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to team planning and development
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
- A strong track record of negotiating, structuring and executing complex sales agreements
- Proven ability driving process improvements by leveraging strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient in data-analytics tools like Salesforce and Excel
- You are known for your tremendous work ethic, service leadership, and commitment
Nice to Have
- Financial services or Fintech experience is a heavy plus.
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- OneMedical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education reimbursement
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Monthly wellness stipend; Headspace annual membership
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support