At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team, and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
What You Will Do:
- Lead and mentor a team that is experiencing hyper growth of revenue and traffic
- Keep track of, prioritize, and lead multiple growth projects, from A/B testing to new feature work.
- Collaborate with Vercel’s Growth team to drive and measure user acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Build a deep knowledge of Vercel’s products and customers
- Develop effective ways to communicate, monitor, and lead your team through one-on-ones and team meetings.
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge throughout Vercel -- moving knowledge to documentation where appropriate.
- Build rapport with each member of the Engineering Team and support them through coaching and mentorship to help level up their skills.
- You’ve managed a growth engineering team, preferably at a company experiencing hyper growth
- You have a strong hands-on technical background and a skilled engineering leader with 3+ years leading/managing engineering teams.
- You have a strong background in managing a team of Engineers working in our stack (TypeScript and Next.js)
- You know how to collect and analyze data to determine what is and isn’t working
- You are adaptable, and have worked for fast-growing companies and know how to build, change, and adapt to the needs of a company as it grows
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- You're motivated by building effective engineering teams and are happy to roll up your sleeves and dive into code when needed.
- You are located in the Americas time zone
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited vacation policy - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you with the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.