Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Deputy General Counsel, Risk + Regulatory and the Chief Ethics Officer. This is a full time position and can be based in multiple U.S. locations, unless otherwise specified by the hiring manager. At this time, we would be unable to sponsor visas and relocations for candidates located outside of the United States.
The Executive Assistant is a strategic partner and requires an ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient and demonstrating a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. With so much going on in so many places, we need an experienced Executive Assistant to join the team.
- Manage all day to day administrative responsibilities for the Deputy General Counsel, Risk + Regulatory and the Chief Ethics Officer. This includes advanced calendar management, travel and expense management, note-taking, meeting preparation and follow up, report and resource/database maintenance and hosting office visitors
- Act as a thought partner to the leader to strategically align their calendar with their priorities
- Plan and execute team events, offsites, activities, and recognition for the Risk + Regulatory and the Employment / Ethics / Compliance teams
- Assist content creation including drafting emails and creating presentations
- Manage purchase orders and partner with the leader and finance to track and analyze budget and expenses
- Provide support for project-related work. This includes preparing reports for quarterly business reviews and working with the leader to create onboarding plans for key team members. Additionally, process improvement, participating in strategic organizational activities, managing end-to-end external executive events, managing senior leadership agendas, and partnering with key external stakeholders (e.g. investors, M&A, government officials, strategic vendors)
- Manage internal and external board, committee and advisory commitments
- Manage and maintain the security of the leader’s email inbox, in compliance with our code of ethics and data privacy, security and protection policies
- Represent the organization to internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in hiring new Administrative Coordinators and EAs (where applicable). This may include supporting sourcing efforts and/or participating on an interview panel based on the needs of the leader. Work in partnership with recruiting coordinators to schedule interviews for respective leaders
- Act as a mentor for Administrative Coordinators. This includes meeting with a mentee on a regular basis and providing guidance and sharing resources to support their growth and development
- Build effective relationships within Airbnb to serve as a catalyst around scheduling and or spontaneous inquiries/requests
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience supporting senior level executives in an administrative capacity
- Previous experience in high growth environment strongly preferred
- Strong work ethic, proactive, exhibits positivity, professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Ability to deal with conflict as well as give and receive feedback diplomatically
- Ability to navigate and thrive in ambiguity
- Incredibly organized and resourceful; able to juggle and multi-task, with an acute attention to detail and follow through
- Advanced presentation skills (Google Docs, Keynote, Excel) and grasp of current social networking systems
- Passion for trying, learning, improving, and sharing best practices
- Ability to remain calm and poised under pressure
- May be required to travel up to 25%
The starting base pay for this role is between $108,000 and $134,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.