The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Sales Enablement is delivered through the global sales organization and, as a team, reports to the CRO. The team’s responsibilities include implementing and evolving our sales methodology, delivering relevant training programs, providing targeted coaching, optimizing sales resources, and equipping leadership with actionable insights by leveraging cutting edge analytics. Our existing programs have had an overwhelmingly positive impact on the sales organization and the company as a whole. They are frequently cited as the best our sales professionals have seen in their careers.
This role can be based remotely in North America.
Specifically, the Delivery Manager will:
- Play an instrumental role in the technical ramp for new sellers; The benefits provided by MongoDB’s “document” data model - improved flexibility, speed, and a more intuitive approach to building modern applications for software developers - form the technical foundation that all sales reps must internalize and master
- The Delivery Manager will be responsible for teaching, facilitating, and coaching new sales reps to have these discussions with a wide variety of customers, ranging from highly technical to business focused; Training venues include Sales Bootcamps (virtual and/or in-person), coaching Sales Role Play scenarios, and creating, refining, and delivering the other programs associated with the ramp of a new sales rep
- Building on the technical foundations of the Document Model, the Delivery Manager will help train sales reps on the products and services offered by MongoDB, with a heavy emphasis on cloud-based solutions; That means becoming an expert on MongoDB Atlas, our flagship database-as-a-service, which underpins the MongoDB Application Data Platform; As MongoDB continues to evolve, the Delivery Manager will develop-and-master working knowledge of platform-specific capabilities, including advanced search capabilities (based on Lucene/Elastic), mobile application development and sync/conflict resolution strategies
- The successful candidate will possess experience born from working with customers in previous customer facing roles; If they don’t have experience selling MongoDB, they’ll need to find a way to connect that personal experience to what MongoDB sellers will experience in the field
- The Delivery Manager will act as a “force multiplier”; That means working with sales leaders to iterate and evolve processes and playbooks used by sellers, and even occasionally stepping outside the traditional role of Sales Enablement to partner with other teams on far ranging activities, such as bringing new features and products to market
The ideal candidate will have...
- 1-3 years of customer facing experience in a technical sales or sales role
- Experience training sellers of various levels of seniority both in-person and remotely via Zoom or similar technology
- A high degree of confidence and poise when presenting to a sales audience and executives - the ability to see the ‘big picture’ when facilitating and leading a room
- A track record of developing impactful content with a focus on knowledge retention
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through - can own and take tasks through to completion
- Interpersonal skills- ability to network inside the company, create relationships and source input
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of their time
- Be prepared to leverage their advanced understanding of advanced database concepts to create-and-deliver new courseware to newly hired sales reps; This role requires an expert understanding of modern distributed databases, with heavy preference given toward candidates with specific experience selling or using the document/JSON data model. Specifically, the Delivery Manager will possess knowledge of advanced querying and analytical concepts, structured vs. unstructured data, database indexing, scaling modern distributed databases via shard key(s), advanced working knowledge of replication and high availability, analytical vs. operational application workloads, information security (authorization, authentication, encryption, and auditing), and the many other database and MongoDB-specific concepts that are critical “need to learn” by our new sales hires
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.