Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Risk Intelligence team provides advanced analytics and intelligence support to detect and analyze complex threats and attacks on Airbnb’s platform, searching for fingerprints of syndicated bad actors, and helping to mitigate those risks. As the Risk Intelligence Lead for Fraud Intelligence, you will be responsible for driving initiatives and innovation to help our company understand and navigate the complex risk landscape associated with fraud and other online risks that may impact the Airbnb platform.
- Managing a team
- Managing a team of fraud intelligence analysts, develops great team members, fosters team cohesion, strong team engagement, retention and satisfaction
- Hold self and team accountable for individual and team goals specific to your function
- Supports the career path and growth for all team members; providing coaching and guidance when needed, and holding regular career conversations
- Hold team members accountable to expectations and performance manage direct reports
- Delegate and prioritize effectively to ensure that individual or team time is focused on high-impact needs.
- Contributes to cultural activities on a recurring basis.
- Driving initiative in program development
- Responsible for developing and publishing cadenced investigative / intelligence reports to educate internal customers about new tactics, techniques, and procedures used by threat actors targeting the Airbnb platform
- Responsible for understanding and documenting intelligence requirements and gaps that could help Airbnb to better understand the risk landscape
- Using data visualization software (Tableau/PowerBI) and other tools, helps to support data storytelling through presenting information in a way that helps us engage with our intelligence customers and explain risks in a dynamic, interactive way
- Manage relationships with third party vendors and internal partnerships.
- Supporting intelligence customers
- Work closely with the Product teams to drive projects and provide inputs to planning sessions.
- Identify, recommend and implement tool, system, process, or policy changes to improve team performance.
- Operational Management and Rigor
- Influencing and negotiating, stakeholder management; you are a change agent across the Org
- Understanding of metrics & targets baselining
- Root Cause analysis methodology and driving process improvement
- Prior experience in analyzing and interpreting large, complex data sets
- Ability to analyze data for patterns, trends or developing heuristics
- Qualitative and quantitative skill in fraud, preferably at a technology company Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong written (email) interpersonal communication skills
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Relevant education in business, operations research, economics, data analysis, public policy, a plus
- Required - At least 5 years of progressive experience in intelligence collection, risk analysis, data analytics, or operations within an intelligence or law enforcement organization, either public or private
- Required - Basic to intermediate SQL, and experience working with large datasets
- Required - The ability to communicate data analysis and findings to a variety of customers, including both technical and non-technical partners
- Preferred - Experience and deep understanding of fraud and cyber security issues, and how these risks can impact a technology platform
The starting base pay for this role is between $116,000 and $146,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.