Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare/review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for management and bank reporting leveraging/building/maintaining reports within our Workday ERP system
- Provide leadership and execution in preparing the Finance function to support an initial public offering and perform at a public company standard ahead of such an event
- Manage the External Reporting, Payroll and General Ledger functions
- Ensure that inter-company agreements are executed and followed for all foreign subsidiaries
- Ensure that all foreign subsidiary transactions and month end account balances are properly reflected in the consolidated general ledger as prescribed by GAAP
- Ensure all accounting practices are following GAAP and BetterUp policies
- Provide guidance and training to your staff to allow for their development while meeting the increasing needs of those we serve (employees, customers, and suppliers)
- Manage our annual audit and support the auditors by providing requested schedules, researching items as needed, and summarizing findings for the Controller and other members of management
- Review all draft payroll runs to ensure completeness and accuracy and evaluate the process to identify and resolve unmitigated risks Ensure equity grants and post grant activities are properly recorded within the payroll system and tax withholding and remittance is done in accordance with applicable law
- Work closing with the leader of financial systems to identify and implement automation to reduce manual processing and improve internal controls
- Own the Accounting Team’s Confluence page and ensure the content is current and relevant to help our employees navigate through our processes and find help when they need it
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Bachelor degree, Accounting or Finance
- 10 years of experience including 3+ years of public accounting and 5+ years of management experience within a high growth corporate accounting department (public company experience preferred)
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management and auditors
- Proven track record of developing staff while meeting department objectives
- Managed financial audits to a successful conclusion
- Ability to work at a detailed level and to interact effectively with all levels within the organization
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work products
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills
- Quick learner and ability to drive successful results with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience with Workday financials a plus
- CPA and/or public company experience
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.