Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Who We’re Looking for
This person will have a high-visibility role significantly impacting operational efficiency and internal customer/stakeholder success, as well as Airbnb bottom line and profitability. They will partner closely with internal stakeholders to develop area plans and operating priorities across the Marketing category and other categories of expenditure ensuring alignment to stakeholders business needs while delivering major cost and/or value improvements for Airbnb.
This person should also have demonstrated experience in building trust and credibility with both internal and external stakeholders; a solid understanding of business strategies and priorities with an ability to connect business strategies into relevant categories strategies. They should be a passionate, thoughtful and clear communicator, and be able to articulate Marketing and other category strategies to the team and internal departmental stakeholders. It is a bonus to have worked in a startup or other high growth, fast paced company.
This person is responsible for strategic sourcing and relationship management efforts for Marketing and other categories of expenditure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to planning and executing:
- Opportunity Assessment: Deep experience collecting, aggregating, and cleansing disparate sources of data and subsequently analyzing it to draw meaningful conclusions and compelling business opportunities within Marketing and other categories.
- Strategic Sourcing: Anticipates and leads solution development for complex multi-dimensional business; applies critical thinking to recommend category strategies that mitigate risk and propel growth given resource requirements.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Influences domestic and international vendors/suppliers and defines criteria for assessment of supplier performance and capability; collaborates with business to ensure delivery of cost, quality, service, diversity and innovation demanded by company and its users; ensures supplier risk program is in place for key products/services.
- Negotiation and contract development: Undertakes complex contractual and business negotiations at an executive level with major suppliers, leads project teams through the bidding, supplier selection process, resolves most negotiated contractual terms and is fully familiar with standard commercial terms; implements performance guarantee contracts to minimize Airbnb’s risk and increase supplier accountability for non-performance; achieves cost control, cost reduction and cost containment targets for designated categories of expenditure through a strong total cost orientation; identifies requirements, defines specifications, prepares and solicits competitive bids and requests for proposals (RFP) for services and materials; works in partnership with relevant departments for finalization.
- Degree or advanced degree in finance, supply chain or related fields.
- 5-10+ years Procurement or equivalent Industry or Subject Matter experience. Preferably in “indirect” spend categories for Marketing (including but not limited to media, creative, production agencies and marketing technology) and managing spend in excess of $500M per year.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to solve complex problems; to take a new perspective on existing solutions; to exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information and structures key trade-off decisions.
- An empathetic team member who acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Guided by a personal integrity that reflects Airbnb’s core values and commitment to our stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record of success in negotiation planning and execution, including RFP development & delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
Our expectation of procurement discipline execution is traditional, our approach is not. We focus on the how – how you do anything is you do everything. We encourage you to:
- Think big: Think broadly for the company, build comprehensive commercials solutions.
- Lead it: Step forward to address difficult issues and in doing so lead courageously, putting self on the line to deal with important problems, standing firm when necessary for the good of the company.
- Own it: take ownership and drive for results while exemplifying a positive attitude.
- Solve it: apply critical thinking to simplify complex problems.
- Get it done: be proactive, bias for action, and solution focused.
- Have fun!
The starting base pay for this role is between $140,000 and $175,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.