Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Payment Risk Operations Manager position is responsible for managing and empowering the team responsible for preventing and investigating payment fraud on the AIrbnb Payments platform. In addition to leading the team and their daily tasks, the manager will be responsible for maintaining the current program, setting strategy for the future of the fraud program, and partnering with technical stakeholders to build intelligent and scalable solutions.
- Lead a team responsible for preventing fraud, supporting customers with fraud-related issues, managing risk, and overseeing certain payment-related operations (e.g., chargeback disputes)
- Manage, develop, and grow a team of year-round and seasonal fraud analysts and specialists
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and closely collaborate with our data scientists to improve our fraud prevention
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineers to design the tools necessary to further automate and streamline our processes
- Provide feedback and present ideas for improving or implementing processes and tools within fraud functional areas
- Optimize our payment platform for the highest level of customer experience and payment acceptance to improve overall user experience.
- Respond to real-time fraud attacks against the service using both internal and external tools
- Support core payments methods and also those established through partnership
- Interact with outside partners (e.g., fraud prevention providers, processors/acquires, card brands, issuers, payment partners) to address issues while also finding long term solutions
- Manage the efficacy of external vendors & services used for fraud prevention & chargeback
- Provide subject matter knowledge and interpretation of procedures to less experienced staff
- Regularly provide updates to senior management and company leaders on the efficacy of the fraud & risk management program
- Familiar with merchant fraud prevention solutions, global payment systems, payment methods and flows
- A minimum of six years experience working in fraud prevention (also known as risk management or trust and safety) for a technology company
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate fraud requirements to cross functional stakeholders
- Exceptional organization and process management ability
- High level of personal integrity, interest in payments as evidenced by related work experience, proven dedication to excellence, leadership qualities and a flexible, creative, innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- SQL or related experience
- Professional certification in payment risk management preferred (CFE/CFCS/CAMS certification)
The starting base pay for this role is between $150,000 and $190,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.