Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Engagement Growth Marketing team at Airbnb is at the intersection of marketing, engineering and data science. Our work is imperative to driving the top line of the entire company. We are looking for an exceptional individual to manage the global Guest Engagement Lifecycle team to develop overarching growth strategies via Engagement channels through the Guest lifecycle. You will be responsible for setting the overall demand vision & strategy, overseeing operational execution, and owning performance of Guest lifecycle marketing programs and campaigns across email, push, onsite, and in-app notifications, focused on improving customer metrics like activation, engagement, retention & reactivation. This individual will be a key thought partner and trusted stakeholder to functional leads and business partners across Product, Engineering, Data Science, Brand, Merchandising and Creative to set and exceed aggressive growth targets.
What You Will Do
- Help build the vision and set the future direction of Guest Lifecycle via Engagement channels (email, push, etc.), accountable for performance against KPIs around traffic, customer & revenue growth
- Build a best-in-class CRM / Engagement program for Guests by developing strategic initiatives that accelerate demand growth through insights, analysis, user research & experimentation
- Set and lead the vision to inspire our Guests through creative, stunning visual user experiences from email / push through to the landing experience
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Guest user experiences and related systems / tooling to help the team deliver solutions & continuously improve execution
- Own continuous improvement in operational excellence, overseeing cross-functional workflows and partnerships with stakeholder & partner teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Data Science, Creative)
- Provide guidance for the team to enable in-depth user data analyses to facilitate rapid learning & application of any insights
- Own Guest Lifecycle metrics - comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly reporting of all relevant CRM KPIs & build the right dashboards to track and socialize performance
- Articulate and present strategy, progress, results and data analyses / learnings effectively to leadership, stakeholders and the wider business
- Conduct industry benchmarks and competitive research to influence decision-making and planning
- Lead a team of rockstar growth marketers experienced in Engagement / CRM
What We’re Looking For
- 12+ years of Lifecycle Marketing or CRM experience in a consumer-facing, fast-paced large scale e-commerce / retail company
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience, with experience managing and mentoring high-performing direct reports
- An empathetic leader who leads with positivity, and cares for, inspires & motivates others. Models Airbnb’s core values.
- Experienced in partnering with Design & Product to deliver best-in-class campaigns that inspire users & contribute to building an iconic and lasting brand.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions.
- Experience working directly with MarTech teams to drive technical solutions. Experienced with at least one enterprise-level / top-tier ESP.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; SQL skills a plus.
- Strong presentation & storytelling skills
- Undergraduate degree required
The starting base pay for this role is between $185,000 and $230,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.