Staff DevOps Engineer
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
LiveRamp is looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer for our Global Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for building, operating, and managing LiveRamp’s cloud infrastructure. A blend of infrastructure skill sets makes this a cross-functional team which delivers the technology that powers our cloud based SaaS solution. Our projects range from working with leading edge cloud-native services to big data cloud infrastructure to reliability instrumentation and monitoring. This position will report to the Team Manager and partner closely with other technical leads in engineering.
We’re looking for someone that has technical breadth and depth in cloud infrastructure, with a particular focus on security. You will act as a thought leader, mentor and facilitator, while offering guidance to technical teams on GCP and AWS Cloud Infrastructure security best practices. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create industry best practices for deployment and management of custom built or off the shelf solutions in a public cloud environment.
- Lead and provide subject matter expertise for GCP/AWS cloud end-to-end architecture
- Work closely with Security and Engineering teams to develop and implement security best practices across the Organization
- Promote an infrastructure-as-code philosophy, leveraging tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Architect and implement solutions to improve deployment process and CI/CD capabilities
- Ensure cloud solutions are implemented and delivered with best practices, standards, appropriate controls, and thorough documentation
- Provide technical governance for infrastructure design, deployment, and operations
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Your team will:
- Support an entire engineering organization based in California, New York, Paris, London, and Nantong, China
- Lead and collaborate with technical, application, and security leads to deliver a reliable and secure platform on GCP and AWS
- Lead the cloud improvements for availability, performance, observability, scalability, quality, and cost effectiveness
- Lead and own the creation of cloud-focused best practices, building blocks, and patterns to ensure deployed solutions are scalable, immutable, and resilient
- Function as stewards for shared data, services, tools, processes, and libraries
- 10+ years of experience in the fields of DevOps, SRE, or production engineering
- Experienced architecting complex cloud environments that leverage best practices
- Experienced with deployment and monitoring of highly scalable and secure products
- Good understanding of security best practices, specifically as they apply to cloud environments
- Experienced at defining security requirements and reviewing systems for compliance
- Experienced with continuous integration and automation servers like Jenkins, CircleCI, or similar
- Experience deploying and supporting containerized applications with Kubernetes, GKE, EKS, or the like
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tooling in the cloud like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Comfortable with shell scripting and fluent in at least one of Ruby, Java, or Go
- Experience with DevOps best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a big plus
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers in the team for DevOps best practices
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Enjoys working as part of a distributed team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive
- Understands how to engage other engineers as stakeholders
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located
- Location: work from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.