The Senior Account Manager at OpenTable manages a portfolio of restaurants and is responsible for the full customer lifecycle. From bringing the restaurants on to the OpenTable network to supporting them on how to use and get the most from being an OpenTable customer.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Cultivate and build upon existing high-level relationships to serve as a trusted advisor to Restaurants.
- Act as a business leader and expert in the restaurant customer life cycle.
- Expert in influencing and working with cross functional teams like Marketing to help design and implement restaurant specific marketing programs and drive promotional programs. Working with Product team to gather product requests.
- Understand customer needs and identify sales opportunities to upsell Marketing assets to restaurants.
- Achieve company goals and sales objectives set quarterly.
- Place OpenTable reservation links on customer restaurant websites
- Expert in cross functional team collaboration, act as trusted advisor to more junior team members.
- Participates in team meetings/events. Willingness and ability to lead meetings and projects
- Act as an advocate for restaurant customers and resolve cross-functional issues
- Act as the high-level point of contact for restaurant customer concerns
- Work with the Marketing team to help design and implement restaurant-specific marketing programs and drive participation in promotional programs
- Expert in delivering training and speaking in front of groups. Strong writing, presentation and interpersonal skills. Excellent social and planning skills: task prioritization, effective time management
- Educate operators about trends in the industry and offer rare insight
- Lead restaurant retention rate; aid in the re-signing of customers with expired contracts
- Enhanced product knowledge
- Involvement in counsels and or mentoring
Experience and skills desired:
- Account management or equivalent experience in a restaurant/hospitality environment; validated customer service skills
- A good listener, capable of understanding restaurants business objectives.
- Deep expertise in restaurant operations and management experience working in the restaurant market
- Ability to work across many departments to take on problems and achieve results
- Keenly track economic and industry drivers and understand implications on the restaurant business, including identifying new business opportunities
- Ability to manage objections and comfortable with a consultative sales approach
- Confident in the delivery of training and speaking in front of groups
- Excellent social and planning skills: task prioritization, effective time management
- Strong writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- An analytical and data-driven approach for making and supporting business decisions
- Knowledge of Google Suite, basic web design, or Html is a plus
- Valid driving license and transportation (all business-related travel expenses reimbursed)
- Appreciate working in an unstructured and forward-thinking environment
- College degree preferred
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.