Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 5000 businesses are spending an average of 3.3% less and closing their books 8 times faster, thanks to Ramp’s finance automation platform that enables billions of dollars of purchases each year.
Founded in 2019, Ramp has seen nearly 10x year-over-year growth which has led to a valuation of $8.1 billion in just over 3 years. Its investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The team is made up of talented leaders from some of the leading financial services and fintech companies—Capital One, Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Visa—as well as high-growth technology companies like Facebook, Spotify, Zendesk, Uber, Dropbox, and Instacart. Recently named Fast Company’s most innovative finance company, Ramp is NYC’s fastest-growing startup and America’s fastest-growing corporate card.
About the Role
We’re looking for Senior Product Designers motivated by the opportunity to tackle incredibly complex and abstract areas to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers—a ground floor opportunity in a design-driven company. You will partner directly with product and engineering to own significant portions of our product. You will define the strategic direction, identify the right problems to solve, take ownership of the experience, and ship the simplest, most intuitive solutions at the highest level of craft and execution.
This is a role for an individual contributor with a genuine desire to learn from the best, champion our users’ voices, move fast, own decisions, and ship software every day.
What You’ll Do
- Lead design and user experience for significant parts of our core product; own the design process from prioritization through launch.
- Work directly with product/engineering leads to translate company strategy into prioritized initiatives in the roadmap and identify the right problems to solve.
- Collaborate across various business functions to bring our product, brand, and experience to life.
- Be opinionated and leverage a direct line to our customers to get insights and make decisions quickly. Explore solutions, create prototypes, and dive into user feedback/data to identify points of friction and opportunities for improvement for every initiative.
- Advocate for our users by continuously iterating on and evolving our core products and experiences. Identify areas of improvement and deliver value to customers every day.
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve our long-term product vision, design systems, brand guidelines, and internal design collaboration process.
- Participate in day-to-day team rituals like design crit, story creation, weekly stand-ups, etc.
- Help us hire more amazing people to grow the design team and bring diverse perspectives to our design process
- Contribute to developing our design internship program, where you will mentor the next generation of product designers
What You Need
- Minimum 5 years of tech/startup or digital product agency experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Experience owning products from start to finish, working with developers and PMs
- Ability to research, ideate, and define the vision for projects within their unit
- Extraordinary visual design skills and understanding of UX principles
- Mastery of low and high-fidelity prototyping and its use in UX Research
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Mastery of Figma
Nice to Haves
- A strong understanding of software engineering workflows and principles is encouraged
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- OneMedical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual education reimbursement
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- LG UltraFine 5K Display for your home office
- Monthly wellness stipend; Headspace annual membership
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support