Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Twitch Security helps the 40+ engineering teams across the entire company build and operate technologies for our customers and employees safely. As Principal Security Engineer, you will report to the Director of Security and help establish the security bar for Twitch's services and infrastructure. You will help convert ambiguous security concerns into programs that Twitch should prioritize, and provide technical direction, oversight, and execution guidance and your advice will be taken. You'll be the person the engineers turn to when they're not sure how to do something, or when they’re not sure which technology option best suits an initiative. To do this, you will partner with the Security organization's data, development, engineering, architecture, application security, incident response, and technical program management teams, and with Principal Engineers and senior leaders across Twitch, Amazon, and AWS, identifying opportunities to collaborate against a larger vision.
Does that sound like you, or like someone you want to be? Cool. We would like for you to apply. You cannot waste our time. Let us worry about our time. We do not expect expertise in all of our responsibility areas, but we do expect you to be fluent with almost all of them and demonstrate technical expertise in several.
- Never stop learning, and to dig into the details of the services and processes that keep our customer's data secure
- Establish deep familiarity with Twitch's service architecture, AWS footprint, build systems, and clients
- Develop long-term roadmap and multi-year programs for Twitch Security, including improving the program we use to develop long-term roadmaps and multi-year programs. In other words: help ensure we are working on the right things with in a repeatable way.
- Help make the secure way the easy way to do things
- Establish technology vision for the Security Organization
- Consult with both product-focused and horizontal teams, both engineering and not
- Help teams to make the right security calls
- Provide career and technical mentorship to other engineers
- Experience managing complex problems and promoting collaboration across organizational boundaries with important partners (SDEs, leaders, fellow PE community, non-technical staff)
- Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience contributing to strategic security organization planning in annual plans, quarterly goals, and so on
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in network, system, or software architecture; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
- 10+ years of experience identifying security risks, and developing treatment plans that make security plans and outcomes consumable and even preferred
- 10+ years of experience in three or more of the following areas: cloud computing, cryptography, web and network protocols, data structures and algorithms, software development, threat modeling, pen tests, or vulnerability assessments
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in information security and at least one relevant technical area: large-scale systems engineering, queuing and messaging, Linux networking, performance analysis, software-defined networking.
- Bring advanced-level skills to manage security threats and vulnerabilities in situations where in-depth analysis of ambiguous information is required
- Technical Leadership. You can bring an initiative from concept to full production deployment while maintaining security and operational excellence throughout the process. You influence other engineers with your technical depth and collaborative attitude.
- Fluency with AWS
- Experience diving into data lakes and SIEMs (read: SQL, Splunk) to collect ground truths or analyze trends
- Experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
- Demonstrate software development proficiency (Go, Python, Perl, Java)
- Experience with system performance tradeoffs, load balancing, and engineering for high availability
- Avid user of Twitch with a passion for the Twitch community
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: TW5152