Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Preparation of all documents associated with the processing and closing of escrow, conveyance of title, recording of documents, clearing of title requirements and issuance of title insurance. Interviews escrow principals to obtain pertinent facts, directs the preparation of escrow instructions, drawing of documents, issuance of title policies and the disbursement of funds, and otherwise assists escrow principals, their lenders and/or agents in the consummation of escrows involving the financing or sale of single family and small multi-family residences. Reconciles escrow instructions with commitment and/or preliminary title report. Develops and maintains business by the extensive application of basic marketing and customer service techniques.
- Manages time, appointments, and schedule in an efficient manner
- Effectively communicates in person and on the telephone with clients and customers. Answers customer questions and/or telephone calls concerning status of pending items in the escrow files. Takes proactive approach to providing status updates for Agents (i.e., closing status or information still required to close or title requirements that need to be addressed.)
- Obtains demands/releases to clear title
- Draws instructions and supporting documents for signing
- Audits and closes file when all funds and documents are received
- Reviews commitment and/or preliminary title report to verify vesting and legal description. Compares exceptions shown in title report with buyers', sellers', and lenders' instructions for possible liens or encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender instructions
- Reconciles discrepancies between instructions and title report with title officer and/or principals by modifying escrow instructions or assisting principals in obtaining releases of liens and other encumbrances
- Orders beneficiary statements or demands, fire insurance, loan interest, rents and other prorated items
- Preparation of settlement statements showing detailed breakdown of escrow, title, loan, brokers' commissions and other changes. Requests the issuance of title policies or other evidence of title
- Trains, supervises, guides, and assigns and reviews the work of one or more escrow technicians, assistants, secretaries and/or receptionists. Assists in training escrow officers
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary information and escrow transactions
- Understands and complies with escrow accounting procedures and Good Funds Law
- Develops and maintain clientele by effective solicitation of business
- Attends client and business development functions. Represents company in public, customer and community relations activities. Attends client luncheons, dinners, realty board meetings and company tours, makes speeches and presents prepared educational programs to client and other interested groups.
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Escrow Officer:
- Two years of Escrow Experience (1 year in a commercial capacity preferred)
- Basic terminology and documents related to title and escrow
- Customer service techniques
- Organizational & Math Skills
- Business writing skills and basic English grammar and spelling
- Capable of processing standard sale, subdivision, loan only, exchange, and commercial escrows without assistance
- Identifying, obtaining, reading detail relevant to escrow
- Operating desktop computers and common software
- Being productive, efficient and meeting deadlines in a high volume environment
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Title Agent License preferred
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.