Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We’re the Airbnb Talent team - playful, fun, helpful, and deadly serious. We’re tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving Airbnb’s amazing culture. We do this by making sure we work with brilliant, inspiring individuals and teams. It’s our job to make sure we help all of our people raise the bar with their work and career. We work hard - very hard - but every day, we are rewarded by the amazing, joyful people around us. We’re creating the best team in the world.
We're looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Senior Talent Partner at Airbnb) who will be a strategic partner to our Public Policy and Communications teams across the globe. This person will be a key part of the Public Policy teams, acting as a trusted advisor and thought partner. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for building and refining processes and practices, is strong in influencing and mentoring others, and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a Strategic business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude. This role will report to the Talent Director, PPC, Legal, China and Real Estate.
Please note: Open to candidates in multiple locations, but this role will require Pacific Time Zone work hours
Business Partnering Responsibilities
- Key clients: Global Public Policy and Communications. Providing support for Global teams across 3 regions; EMEA, APAC and The Americas.
- Work with the Public Policy and Communications Senior Leadership team to define, launch, and execute various strategic and operational people-related projects.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across all levels of leadership in Public Policy and Communications and COE partner teams to drive key programs and projects.
- Effectively manage change by influencing and communicating with key stakeholders. Anticipate risks associated with change management, and ensure creative and effective mitigations are available.
- Plans and facilitates HR Projects globally by building plans, action planning with the Business Leaders and Talent Partners in their respective areas.
- Develop and translate talent strategy and people agenda for the Public Policy and Communication Teams into deliverable plans that align with local business strategy in collaboration with the Talent Director.
- Provide local support on complex ER matters escalated from Talent Partners and develop appropriate solutions.
- Campaign manage the delivery of segment and central HR communications and engagement, including the delivery of the bi-annual engagement survey to ensure engagement results are achieved as specified in
- Proactively shape talent priorities to align to business strategy and changing needs. Help shape the appropriate culture. Diagnose and define programs and support needs to optimize business performance.
- Actively partner, coach & develop leadership in team members, managers and individuals.
- Advocate for teams and represent their needs to the regional and global talent team and senior leadership.
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication.
- Work with managers and advise on performance and behavioral issues. When appropriate, escalate to broader talent and legal team.
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience.
- Educate employees and managers on our compensation and benefits programs.
- Understand the needs of the team and makes recommendations regarding recognition and rewards programs.
- Partner with Legal and Employee Relations (ER) teams on handling ER issues in compliance with employment regulations.
- Assist the business with all aspects of the Talent Management process and performance reviews.
- Partner with the Compensation and Total Rewards team on candidate offers to new employees, internal mobility and various team initiatives.
- 12+ years of progressive Talent/HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment.
- Background working with supporting teams regionally and globally.
- Experience in employee engagement, performance management and coaching, compensation programs.
- Experience managing, leading, and coaching teams and people, both formally and informally.
- A high energy, thoughtful Talent Partner who can work at a detailed tactical level and also see the big picture.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a global, diverse and valuable team.
- Not afraid to roll sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small.
- Well-developed analytical and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
- Experience working for a global company in a regional hub
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Self-directed and highly independent. Comfortable with being remotely managed.
- Great at collaborating with employees at all levels and with many different teams.
- Ability to be patient and communicate respectfully in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perceive, understand, judge, and come to a reasonable and logical conclusion in order to have the best outcome in any given situation.
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!
The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $235,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as education, experience and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits and Employee Travel Credits.