Offering both strategic advice and operational execution, you will be the brains that build a successful foundation for the Expel Partner program. As the Partner Operations Manager you will be responsible for working closely with leadership to develop the strategy for all of Expel’s partner relationships. This individual will be responsible for coordinating and executing the operational activities that support the partner organization including but not limited to the development of a Partner Relationship Management tool. Additionally, the Partner Operations Manager will support the creation and rollout of partner related business processes, policies and programs. This role will work internally across the sales, partner, marketing and finance organizations to ensure alignment of strategic initiatives and operational processes.
- Support the strategic development of the Expel partner program, gaining alignment across marketing and finance on any benefits (e.g. backend rebates, marketing materials).
- Design and deliver the operational framework for a growing partner organization.
- Successfully launch and provide ongoing support of a Partner Relationship Management tool.
- Document as is and to be business processes and proactively identify improvement opportunities to drive efficiency and positive business results.
- Create and manage regular business performance reviews (internally and externally).
- Develop policies designed to provide clear business direction on engaging with the partner community and reduce friction internally.
- Identify and maintain key performance indicators for the partner organization - including creating executive level analysis to drive business decisions.
- Work with executive leadership on organizational strategy, territory and annual planning.
- Liaise with the Sales Enablement organization to build effective partner onboarding and continuous learning opportunities with a combination of virtual and LMS programs.
Non-technical Skills Required
- Ability to work strategically but also drive execution to deliver results.
- Passionate about delivering projects and identifying solutions to complex business challenges.
- Confidently bring recommendations to executive leadership for strategic initiatives.
- Natural curiosity. You know how to ask questions that evoke unexpected answers.
- Analytical approach, you identify metrics to measure success of projects.
- Develop recommendations that are founded in data but go beyond reporting the numbers.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Avid attention to detail, and strong project planning and time management skills, even in the face of ambiguity.
- Adaptability- you thrive in a fast-paced environment where change happens quickly.
- A learner mindset
- Ability to build trust quickly to engage the sales org to understand needs and challenges and provide solutions.
Technical Skills Required
- Must have experience implementing PRM solutions (e.g. Channeltivity, Salesforce Partner Portal).
- Experience building robust analytical models including annual planning, territory carving for partner organizations.
- Candidates must have experience working with Salesforce CRM and Google Suite (especially Sheets & Slides). Nice to have experience with Docebo, Domo and Clari.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree or compelling story
- 5+ years of experience selling or working with partner teams required
- Experience working on a Sales Enablement/Sales Operations team a plus
- Experience with teams directly selling enterprise SaaS products; experience with security a plus
While our headquarters are located in Herndon, VA, we are open to those based remotely who can make periodic trips to the office.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We're only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
The base salary range for this role is between $107,500 USD and $154,800 USD + bonus eligibility and equity.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You’ll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits.