Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Payments, Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will work closely with the Airbnb Payments team in supporting long term strategy efforts to understand and drive payment processing related cost savings. The ideal candidate has a strong background in building robust financial models to support business cases, deliver insights, and improve upon existing processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with the Airbnb Payments team in achieving long term business objectives and financial goals primarily centered around lowering payment processing related costs tied to Chargebacks and Merchant fees.
- Develop a deep foundational understanding of key levers influencing payment costs to identify and recommend potential cost savings opportunities in partnership with the Payments organization.
- Support the Payments team with external partner deal negotiations and any internal investment decision making process by strategizing on key financial outcomes and building supporting financial models ie ROI analysis, scenario modeling, potential risks/opportunities etc.
- Build, maintain, and continuously optimize driver based financial models to be used for budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, monthly/quarterly close, long-range planning, and P&L management. Also, create a framework to clearly identify and understand root causes of material variances vs historical trends, budget targets etc with actionable next steps as required.
- Manage the overall Payments related Opex budget from a P&L perspective consisting of headcount and non comp related expenses.
Requirements & Qualifications
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 7-10+ years of financial analysis experience with prior experience managing Chargebacks or Merchant Fees being a plus.
- Prior experience in conducting ROI analysis including measuring, tracking, and reporting progress against key business initiatives.
- Strong consultative communication and relationship-building skills; ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and drive actionable recommendations.
- Prior experience establishing and creating from scratch frameworks to understand key financial drivers in spite of challenges presented by data, lack of processes etc.
- Advanced financial modeling skills with prior experience providing business case support and automating/improving upon existing processes.
- Proficiency with financial forecasting systems (Anaplan, Hyperion) is a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL and data visualization software (Tableau) is a plus.
The starting base pay for this role is between $155,000 and $195,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.