Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Marketing Program Management enables Airbnb’s marketing and community teams to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible, driving Airbnb’s priorities through seamless day-to-day operations, strong stakeholder alignment, with an eye towards scale and efficiency.
The Lead Program Manager (PgM Lead) on Marketing Programs & Initiatives leads large, complex, cross-company strategic marketing campaigns and/or initiative. You serve as the bridge between critical business functions such as Marketing, Creative, Product, Design, Policy and Comms teams, aligning stakeholders and shepherding teams through the process of bringing our strategic initiatives to life. You will lead the end-to-end scoping, planning, execution, and launch of initiatives to deliver success for our product, hosts, and guests.
You are a strategic partner to our Marketing and Creative teams. You bring creativity to the operational aspects of the Marketing team and deal with solving the “how,” freeing up your peers to focus on crafting the “what.” You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover new ways of doing things, and work collaboratively with stakeholders. You have demonstrated strong performance in your prior roles; you are able to effectively influence decisions at all levels; you thrive in ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
- Partner with senior-level marketing team members to establish the goals, roadmap, and operational model for how to engage with other cross-functional team members within the business.
- Define initiative-level program roadmap with macro-view of all supporting workstreams, ensure work delivers on goals, and drive the overall program to completion.
- Scope, define, and manage strategic initiative programs: define actionable plans, resourcing, and sequencing for large bodies of work:
- Drive a successful implementation by aligning and influencing relevant stakeholders across teams and markets and driving scope, resourcing, and workflow management.
- Provide up-to-date visibility into current projects, resource utilization, team performance and product health across your teams
- Facilitate regular project status and creative review meetings. Ensure the right stakeholders and cross-functional team members are involved at the right time, document decisions and actions items, and follow up with owners on commitments.
- Identify and predict obstacles, collisions, and risk to projects across multiple teams and seek solutions to eliminate them
- Balance competing priorities and adjust resources as necessary
- Establish and manage program/campaign operating rhythm, including communication structures, project templates, sprint cadence, review forums and leadership cadence.
- Define and manage how the team interfaces with other critical business functions such as Marketing, Creative, Product Management, Design, Policy and Comms.
- Serve as main point-of contact with external agencies, managing on-boarding, kick-off and project development process.
- Collaborate with Creative Producers on supporting workstreams to understand all timelines and weave into a single team-wide program management view.
- Serve as the go-to liaison with cross-functional partners.
- Uphold standards and best practices, ensure the proper processes and tools are applied.
- Cultivate, negotiate and manage relationships with cross-functional partners.
- BA/BS degree, 12-15+ years Consulting, Program Management, Agency Account Management, Project Management or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Track record of managing and shipping impactful product initiatives in a large digital product org.
- Long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills. Distinctive problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence business leaders.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated track record successfully managing ambitious and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in structuring and implementing initiatives at scale with design and product teams.
- Background in establishing systems: experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about organizational excellence and attention to detail
- Thrives in ambiguity in a fast-paced, hyper-growth organization.
- Deep knowledge of and appreciation for the Creative and/or Product development process.
- Experience with or understanding of complex, cross-functional, product-driven organizations or digital agencies.
- Experience driving 360 marketing campaigns.
The starting base pay for this role is between $150,000 and $185,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.