Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We are looking for brilliant minds to join Airbnb’s insurance legal team working on innovative and cutting edge insurance programs. In particular, those who have a passion for the sharing economy and the drive and dedication needed to continue delighting our users and enabling them to share unique and meaningful experiences around the world.
Your role as a member of the Airbnb insurance legal team will involve working closely with business partners to provide practical regulatory and commercial legal advice and support in various jurisdictions. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, and an ability to enjoy a fast-paced and busy environment. You will operate as part of a supportive, fun and friendly team. This role reports to Lead Counsel - Insurance.
- Providing legal guidance to internal stakeholders on insurance regulatory requirements related to Airbnb’s user facing products and services, corporate programs and new products as the opportunity arises.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and corporate and community facing insurance policies necessary to support the operations of Airbnb’s insurance programs.
- Providing legal guidance to design, content, marketing and UX teams related to insurance products and services.
- Staying up-to-date and helping keep the team advised on insurance, advertising, and consumer protection laws.
- Providing legal support for claims and related processes.
- Responding to regulatory inquiries and managing regulatory outreach.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in the legal department on insurance related issues as they relate to other Airbnb products, services and commercial agreements.
- Creative, flexible and experienced insurance regulatory and commercial attorney with a business orientated outlook.
- 8-10 years of relevant global insurance regulatory experience with specific experience in EMEA and APAC.
- General experience working in an international and multicultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Ability to work and act decisively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with Airbnb’s business objectives.
- Ability to advise and where necessary, problem-solve proactively.
- A passion for Airbnb with a strong knowledge and keen interest in travel.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Several years in-house experience, preferably in the technology sector.
- Training in a highly regarded and leading international law firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to work with and across a global team of legal and business stakeholders in a virtual environment.
- International travel will be required in due course.
- Fluency in English is essential. Additional European languages are an advantage.
- Qualified lawyer in an EU jurisdiction; EU, UK and US qualification is a plus.