Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb CS team are on an exciting journey to support our growing community of Guests and Host across the globe. Our mission is to support our 100 million lifetime guests and over 3 million listings by ensuring that the right channel is available at the right time to enable our guests and hosts to have a seamless omni - channel experience.
This role within the Channel Performance and Optimization team will play a part in supporting the strategic direction of the team. It will also support a number of key deliverables for the team and on behalf of the overall business whilst supporting all tactical changes being made to our routing & configuration for all channels including inbox set up and permissions.
The ideal candidate will be analytical, highly organized, and an excellent communicator. They will have a good understanding of customer experience and customer experience technologies across all channels, Phone (Genesys), IVR, Chat, Email and Social and how technology is utilized to deliver effective customer journeys. They will bring thought leadership and utilize data to define the path forward across all channels ensuring a smooth and seamless experience for all guests and hosts
- Collaborate with technical teams to drive optimization of the rules and flows to ensure optimum customer experience and business efficiency
- Collaborate with technical teams and product managers to drive requirements & strategy for customer contact channels
- Maintain industry knowledge of current & evolving technologies for channel routing and optimization
- Define and drive routing prioritization including hours of coverage, overflows and service level protection.
- Work closely and collaboratively with CS operations and engineering teams to ensure reliable operations and SLAs are met or exceeded
- Establish and support the ongoing process for real time updates to channel routing including updates to routing messages and announcements to cover all emergency situations and coordinate delivery through our real time teams.
- Messaging inbox creation
- Messaging routing trigger and routing creation
- Queue management maintenance and updates
- Support project teams in creating new inboxes or routing flows
- Supports movement of work-types between in house and partner operations by delivering changes to routing and inboxes
- Actively support tactical changes during backlog situations with overflow routing and temporary inbox creation
- Work with the team and stakeholders across CS, Product and Engineering to ensure we are optimizing our chat service, messaging, and call routing
- Support and consult on development of channel performance dashboards and alarms
- Execution of roadmaps and plans for contact channels to support the business and collaboration with other areas of the business for prioritization within the overall roadmaps
- Strong technical CS experience in large scale operations
- 3+ years experience in similar role supporting channel delivery / optimization team
- Bachelor's degree ideally in a business discipline
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with operations and business partners at all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse stakeholder audience, including a global team of C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Strong customer engagement and relationship management skills
- Comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Strategic platform and system thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Creativity and ability to work independently with limited guidance with proven ability to create structures and develop operational concepts
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and driven, used to being in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical - ability to tell a story with data and metrics, well developed problem solving and analytical skills , strong attention to detail
The starting base pay for this role is between $77,000 and $101,500. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits