Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Every day, millions of Airbnb hosts around the world create comfortable, reliable and welcoming stays and Experiences for our guests. Hosting on Airbnb offers a unique way to meet our Hosts’ financial goals but the rewards for opening their home or sharing a passion go beyond their bank account. Hosting also offers the opportunity to impact their local community, share their culture and connect with people they wouldn’t have met otherwise.
Our Hosting organization exists to bring a wider array of diverse Hosts into the Airbnb Community, support their success, earn their trust, and ensure their safety and security. As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, Airbnb aspires to lead the travel industry with an entirely new form of community-powered travel, where creatively-led design is at the core of our offering. We know that our global community of hosts is one of Airbnb’s most precious assets and we are very intentional on how we nurture the common identity of being an Airbnb Host.
About Airbnb Capability Center: Airbnb Capability Center provides specialized services which enable Airbnb's business and functions across the world.
Our offices are home to multi-skilled teams with an insightful and deep understanding of our business and community. We're hospitable, fun and we welcome all with open arms.
About the role: The leader for Hosting Operations will build and scale Hosting Ops teams to drive high-quality experiences in tandem with rapid business growth. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, adept at planning for the long term while remaining nimble and adaptive to changing business needs. The successful candidate is someone who thrives in a constantly changing environment and has a passion for our community.
What you’ll do:
- Lead teams
- Lead teams of Operations managers and Program Managers who work on scaled operations programs
- Drive the execution and operationalization of central programs
- Scaling and managing teams that support various processes such as identification of listings, shortlisting, quality reviews and feedback loop to hosts to drive quality
- Proactively anticipate and build team capacity to hit stated goals on a daily/weekly/ monthly basis
- Stakeholder Management:
- Be a point of contact for all stakeholders and work with global teams to define business requirements, set up teams, define goals and metrics, implement best practices and conduct regular performance reviews
- Be the primary owner for various operations related support ensuring high-quality delivery
- Partner with all the stakeholders to drive success and growth
- Build and design processes and help build the functional strategy:
- Design operation processes and workflows.
- Ideate for building the business besides managing day-to-day operations
- Strategize work in pursuit of growing various service offerings.
- Developing people:
- Work with direct reports to find learnings from real-life situations to set and improve metric-based goals; consistently drive teams towards high performance and quality expectations.
- Ensure employee satisfaction and high retention/engagement by working with Leads to create strong connections with the team
- Support direct reports as they implement new directives and ensure high quality and on-time outputs
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills:
- Exceptional communication skills to cultivate professional relationships with local and global stakeholders
What you bring:
- 15+ years of experience with at least 7 years of team management experience.
- Program Management:
- Strong experience of designing, implementing and managing large projects and adept at program management.
- Ability to work with minimum resources and still deliver majestic results.
- Strong Ownership:
- As Operations Manager, we’re seeking a leader with a strong sense of ownership, who one can count on to deliver the most challenging tasks with the highest quality.
- Sense of Urgency:
- We’re looking for individuals who are excited about driving and managing fast-paced change.
- People Leadership:
- Proven Leadership and Ambiguity Track Record.
- We are seeking someone with proven experience in leading and coaching large teams and executing complex projects with tight timelines.
- Teach direct reports to become “Ultimate Hosts” as leaders for their own direct reports.
- Champion the Mission to help teams understand how their work contributes to end goals. Work with direct reports to create team cohesion and fulfillment.
- Strategic Thinking and Analytical Skills:
- Ability to look at each problem or data set from many different angles to find innovative and simple solutions.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills:
- Embrace the adventure with Peers, Partners and teams and use superior communication skills to cultivate professional relationships with key partners. Use innovative channels of communication to keep teams up-to-date with day-to-day changes in expectations and goals that are relevant to their roles.
- Flexibility - We’re a global team, and often trade off late-night meeting slots between our India, EMEA and US team.