Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Accountant is a member of the Airbnb Capability Center and an extended member of the Accounting Team within the Controllership organization of Airbnb Finance. This role reports to the Manager, Financial Reporting & Accounting within the Capability Center, but functionally reports to the Senior Accountant.
This role supports key platform insurance accounting activities (particularly for our insurance agent entities and our captive insurance company), identifies and implements operational improvements, and supports internal and external audit requests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform GL reconciliations (cash, prepaids, and accruals) and any necessary adjusting entries for our three insurance agent entities.
- Prepare journal entries related to our captive insurance company, such as: trial balance uploads, accruals, reclassifications, and corrections.
- Process to be followed in journal backups and recons in accordance with SOX and Org policies.
- Ensure that the internal control processes are executed and well documented.
- Support internal and external audit requests related to insurance accounting areas.
- Owning and managing end to end responsibilities in GL accounting.
- Simplification, standardization and automation of the responsibilities.
- Manage good relationships with business partners, own the process that matches Airbnb brand standards.
- Perform & lead initiatives at ACC level.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- + years of accounting experience
- Ability to communicate in English
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Willingness to take on challenges
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and complex formulas (i.e VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, OFFSET)
- Experience with a large-scale ERP/Systems (Workday, Blackline, Oracle, or SAP preferred)