Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
The Workday Architect will be the in-house Workday subject-matter-expert and manage key HRIS initiatives aimed at improving business and system processes. The Workday Architect will sit on the People Operations team and act as a business liaison with cross-functional leaders from IT, Recruiting, Benefits, Payroll and other teams to analyze and improve process design and flow, and ultimately leverage the return on technological capabilities in Workday. They will develop, champion and drive the HRIS roadmap to meet the business needs. The Workday Architect will partner with external Workday consultants in the immediate term.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and champion HRIS roadmap to meet the business needs. Review tasks and seek opportunities to refine processes in conjunction with HRIS roadmap and leadership.
- Manage projects and process improvement, including applying change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality. Utilizes interpersonal skills when working with various customers and peers to accomplish project goals.
- Adhere to, and ensure the team adheres to strict security protocols around user data.
- First point of escalation for troubleshooting HRIS issues sent by the help desk, HR and end-users.
- Perform Workday system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of Workday system upgrades or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintains Workday system tables. Document process and results.
- Provide production support, including researching and resolving Workday problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Generate reports/queries, including writing, maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Conduct training, including developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Train clients on new processes/functionality. Train new system users.
- Drive end-user testing for HRIS special projects that involve implementing new functionality for end-users assigned by HRIS Management.
- Responsible for managing Workday semi-annual release process. This includes reviewing all applicable “What’s New” posts on community, stress testing the system during the five week release window to ensure system stability post release, managing internal change management for new features and developing a backlog of future feature uptake
- Maintain awareness of current trends in Workday with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge.
- Partner with external Workday consultants and manage vendor relationships.
- Participate in user group meetings/conferences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Understands and uses qualitative/quantitative measurement and data collection design principles.
- Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions to issues that arise.
- Experience partnering with external Workday consultants
Education and Experience:
- 5 - 8 years of overall progressive work experience in related fields required
- 3 - 5 years of experience with Workday required
- 2 -3 years of Project Management experience preferred
- Must have hands-on experience with at least one (1) HCM system implementation and/or major upgrade.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience as a people manager a plus as there is the potential for the role to evolve in the future from individual contributor to people manager
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.