The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, MongoDB has more than 31,000 customers, which include some of the largest and most sophisticated businesses in nearly every vertical industry, in over 100 countries.
MongoDB is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Engineer Platform to be a key contributor to the overall internal data platform at MongoDB. You will design and build a scalable data-driven platform to help drive MongoDB’s growth as a product and as a company, while also lending your technical expertise to other engineers as a mentor and trainer. You will take on complex platform problems with the goal of making our platform more scalable, reliable, and robust.
You have experience with
- several programming languages (Python, Scala, Go, etc.)
- building scalable data intensive microservices
- orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luiji, Azkaban, Cask, etc.
- a diverse set of SQL and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, Redshift, Postgres, etc.
- different storage formats like Parquet, ORC, Avro, Arrow, and JSON
- data processing frameworks like Spark or Apache Beam
- AWS services such as EMR, Lambda, S3, Athena, Glue, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Git and Github
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Constantly think of ways to squeeze better performance out of a data platform
- Communicate with stakeholders to discover requirements for designing and building a solution that will scale to their needs
- Plan effective data storage, security, sharing, and publishing within the organization
- Design boilerplate architecture that can abstract underlying technology from end users
- Design, manage, and test disaster recovery procedures for a variety of data platforms
- Value code simplicity and performance
- Obsess over data: everything needs to be accounted for and be thoroughly tested
- Build great things alone, but the greatest things in collaboration with others
- You are deeply familiar with Spark and/or Hive
- You have experience with Airflow
- You have experience with different storage format like Parquet, ORC, Avro, Arrow, and JSON
- You are familiar with deployment and configuration tools such as Kubernetes, Drone, and Terraform
- You have expert experience building microservices
- You’ve built an end-to-end production-grade data platform that runs on cloud infrastructure
- Streaming data processing frameworks like Kafka, Spark Structured Streaming, or Flink
- You have experience building a machine learning platform using tools like SparkML, Pytorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn, etc.
- You have experience building a web frontend using frameworks like React
As a Software Engineer-Data Platform, you will
- Estimate task complexity, report progress, and voice risks to peers and managers
- Both learn from and teach peers and junior engineers
- Develop and maintain expertise in big data best practices
- Build a large-scale batch and real-time data platform that will make engineering pipelines seamless and scalable
- Help drive best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data platform quality
- Collaborate with other software engineers, machine learning experts, and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day
- In three months you will have familiarized yourself with much of our data platform, be making regular contributions to our codebase, will be collaborating regularly with stakeholders to widen your knowledge, and helping to resolve incidents and respond to user requests
- In six months you will have successfully investigated, scoped, executed, and documented a small to medium sized project and worked with stakeholders to make sure their data needs are satisfied by implementing improvements to our platform
- In a year you will have become the key person for several projects within the team and will have contributed to the data platform’s roadmap. You will have made several sizable contributions to the project and are regularly looking to improve the overall stability and scalability of the architecture
Do you know, Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career?
- Top NoSQL database in the world
- Largest Ecosystem and the fastest growing database in the world
- Close to 31,000 customers in more than 100 countries and over 210+ million downloads
- Sequoia Capital and a number of other Top VC firms have invested in MongoDB. Sequoia Capital calls us out as one of their flagship portfolios; Sequoia has also invested in Apple, Google, Youtube, and WhatsApp
- 9-figure revenue company, with very high double-digit growth rates
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
"MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer."