Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Understanding and satisfying all title requirements
- Performing all required title and curative duties with confidence and professionalism.
- Processing instantly underwritten and traditionally underwritten files. Click here to learn more about States Title’s patented instant underwriting model.
- Confirming legal vesting
- Prepare title commitment package documentation based on customer-specific preferences
- Attaching additional documentation to title commitment package as necessary, including Plat maps and 24-month Chains of Title
- Ordering search packages as needed
- Receiving and attaching taxes to files as needed
- Reviewing commitment package documents for accuracy
- Performing subordinations as needed
- Running additional searches as need be, included Bankruptcy and Patriot Act
- Reviewing for Clear-to-Close status
- Performing additional curative work as needed
- Order payoffs and reviewing payoff judgements as needed
- Reviewing second mortgages on titles as needed
- Performing a Pace lien search as needed
- Completing Deed Order forms as needed
- Checking for city-level recording requirements
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Providing status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Title Officer:
- 3+ year title and/or curative experience
- Prior experience in escrow closing, mortgage processing or related field.
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Love for multitasking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills Knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, and legal documents is required
- Comfortable with constant change and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
- Bonus: Experience processing files in ResWare
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.