What Temporal is looking for in applicants
We are expanding our team! You can be anywhere in the United States for all of our positions, and other various locations outside the U.S. for other roles to join us.
At Temporal, we are on a mission to remove the complexity in developing reliable software for the cloud. If you want to solve hard distributed system problems, have a passion for open source software and building a strong developer community, then come join us in our mission. Temporal enables developers to focus on writing important business logic, and not on managing state or worrying about the underlying infrastructure. The Temporal platform is being trusted by top-tier companies as a core technology in their mission critical systems. Our active open source community of developers, who are also our users, provide us with real-time feedback and contributions. We're backed by top VC firms, have closed Series B and have a team of professionals from start-ups and larger companies like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Meta, Uber, Apple, Cisco and more.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Account Executive to join the growing Temporal team. This role will be the central point of coordination and execution for Temporal's engagement with its strategic enterprise customers and prospects.
What you'll do
* Qualifying the best prospects for Temporal
* Managing the sales process for multiple prospects or existing customers that will translate positive technical engagement into revenue
* Owning the overall account plan for key customers & prospects
* Providing reliable & timely information on the status of every assigned account and opportunity
* Coordinating account pursuits with Temporal partners (e.g., cloud or SI partners)
What you'll need
* Effective building relationships with technical champions and technical leadership in customer organizations
* Experience with multi-stakeholder sales
* Comfortable working in a consumption-based revenue model
* Comfortable applying technical qualification criteria to prioritize prospects & specific applications
* Familiar collaborating with partner account teams for more complex opportunities
* Hustle - comfortable calling into prioritized accounts with limited aircover
* Resourceful - can create your own presentations vs running a stock script, can enlist Temporal colleagues as needed vs needing a formalized support structure
* Flexible - Equally comfortable selling new logos vs expanding existing logos