What Highspot is looking for in applicants
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
Highspot’s mission is to deliver breakthrough products and services that transform the way millions of people work. Life is short, and we want to spend our time creating something that matters. In Highspot Services, we love what we do and have fun doing it. Our customers are our heroes, we work with them to help them achieve their goals; we work to collectively make us all better.
About the team and role:
Known for their high-performance, the STM (Services Team Members) org is responsible for all customer onboarding, implementation, and end to end customer experience including mature adoption of our platform; we don’t have separate deployment and Success teams.
In this role, as Director of Services, you will be a leader of STM Managers who lead Highspot’s Services Team Members or STMs. This is a high impact and high visibility position in which you will be responsible for leading the teams that works most closely with our customers. You will be managing and scaling our STM team, designing the organizational structure, operating system and customer interaction model that will propel Highspot’s growth.
What You Will Do:
Scale Organizations, Processes and Operations:
- Design and execute organizational and process changes as our company grows and evolves.
- Outline a transformation strategy that standardizes implementation processes, tools, documentation, and training that enables a delightful, world-class customer experienceBuild a common set of playbooks, practices, and principles for the STM team to standardize and improve the STM org
- Recommend new technologies to improve productivity, time to go-live and customer satisfaction
Develop a High Performing, High Engagement Team and Culture:
- Coach and develop your direct reports (who are people managers themselves) as well as individual contributors.
- Demonstrate very high emotional intelligence. Set and uphold the highest performance standards.
- Help colleagues “enjoy the ride” - one of our core guiding principles.
Provide Customer Insight:
- Synthesize key themes from across the customer base and obsesses about creating the perfect customer experience.
- Serve as the executive sponsor for individual customers.
- Translates product features to customer impact.
- Guide your team through complex and difficult organizational issues across all customer segments.
Partner effectively across teams and functions:
- Act as an ally and partner to colleagues within Services and partner functions - Product, Account Management, Marketing and others - making decisions that take broader perspectives into account and providing insight into others’ decisions.
- Demonstrate a balanced, reasoned approach to conflict or differing priorities.
- Oversee a team of manager and their direct reports in the deployment and ongoing support of Highspot for our rapidly growing customer base
Cultivate the deep product knowledge: that has to date been one of the hallmarks of the Services team.
- Gain deep knowledge, understanding, and experience with the Highspot product and how it is integrated with other systems in a customer environment.
- Provide training/guidance/best practices to customers and team.
Improve KPIs: customer satisfaction; reduce non-responsive customers; Velocity (days to go live); throughput (total number of implementations)
About You- Experience and Requirements:
Customer guru: An experienced professional with a Customer-obsessed mindset, who has built and led large teams to deliver on customer strategy and objectives. A leader who is able to think on their feet and pivot
An Excellent Operations Leader: An experienced, confident, empathic leader who can execute on an operations strategy for transforming the STM org into a mature, scalable organization with standard processes, playbooks, training. A seasoned professional who knows what “great” looks like and can “bring the team” along with them on that journey
High People EQ: Highspot has a strong people-first culture. This leader needs to maintain that while helping the STMs and STM People Managers reach and surpass their potential, especially as we continue to rapidly grow
Skills: A leader who understands that they must learn the Highspot business and be able to implement our product. Without this willingness to learn, this leader will be unable to establish credibility and win respect from their STMs. This learning is a longer process than most expect and is achieved via doing a deployment, product/engineering training, and joining customer calls. This is a non-negotiable for success in the Director role
- 10+ years of professional services delivery experience with enterprise and strategic customers
- 3+ years of leading high performing teams; experience managing managers is required
- 3+ years working with SaaS products and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally
- Familiarity with SaaS businesses, metrics, goals, challenges
- Proven strong leadership and decision making abilities
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision internally and externally
- Strong execution skills and the ability to drive action and accountability
-Proven track record of hiring, developing and managing world-class talent