What Temporal is looking for in applicants
We are expanding our team! You can be anywhere in the United States for all of our positions, and other various locations outside the U.S. for other roles to join us.
At Temporal, we are on a mission to remove the complexity in developing reliable software for the cloud. If you want to solve hard distributed system problems, have a passion for open source software and building a strong developer community, then come join us in our mission. Temporal enables developers to focus on writing important business logic, and not on managing state or worrying about the underlying infrastructure. The Temporal platform is being trusted by top-tier companies as a core technology in their mission critical systems. Our active open source community of developers, who are also our users, provide us with real-time feedback and contributions. We're backed by top VC firms, have closed Series B and have a team of professionals from start-ups and larger companies like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Meta, Uber, Apple, Cisco and more.
Temporal is a product by developers, for developers. High quality, community oriented support is the basis of our existence and success as a technology and a business. We believe that investing in, nurturing and growing with our community will only become more important moving forward. Our fundamental mission is to enable developers to write better software.
The Developer Success Engineer will act as the frontline for our community which includes:
* Providing solutions to common issues, application architectural guidance and other developers questions on Slack, Discord, Discourse, Zendesk and more
* Building relationships and representing the needs of community members, customers and our partners
* Conducting architecture reviews with users (ranging from individuals to Fortune 10 companies), providing them necessary guidance so they can confidently build Temporal applications
* Architecting, curating and contributing to a knowledge base in order to increase the leverage of the support team
* Working with engineering and product teams to triage bugs, identify new features for the product and align on deliverables
* Identifying and establishing metrics which help us improve the quality of support we provide and the scale at which we can provide it
* Defining a set of standards and etiquette for support at Temporal
* Announcing new releases or major features
* Establish areas of technical proficiency across the Developer Success organization to further develop technical expertise/skillsets as the organization grows
* Mitigate the workload of requests into Engineering while maximizing the user experience
* Develop new strategies and processes for how to enable our users to self-service or one:many capabilities
* Sharing learnings and progress internally to help the broader team connect more deeply with our users
What you bring to us
* Passion for helping others (special type of idiot) who wants to help people regardless of who they are or how they act
* Seek to understand first, lead with data, rely on facts
* Previous experience as a Support engineer or customer facing engineer
* Experience working with or as part of remote teams
* Technical acumen, understanding of distributed systems and ability to read and write code samples
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience as a developer
* Expertise in one or more adjacent technical domains
* Languages: Python, Java, Golang, TypeScript, .Net
* Ecosystems: CI/CD, AI/ML, ETL, Finance, etc.
* Technologies: Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, OpenTracing, Terraform/Ansible/CDK