KAYAK & OpenTable are looking for a highly organized, motivated and energetic attorney to join our team as Contracts Counsel to help tackle a diverse suite of our contracts related to the exciting industries in which we work - travel and dining.
The role may be fully remote or be based in any one of our KAYAK or OpenTable offices. This role is full-time; however, hours for this role can be flexible for those wishing to work a more flexible weekly schedule. This exciting role as a member of the KAYAK and OpenTable legal team will involve drafting, negotiating and reviewing vendor, partner and commercial contracts and related amendments, liaising with internal business team members to understand their contract needs, and, from time to time, assisting with legal operations and processes. This role requires an organized, detail-oriented, and highly efficient individual with a strong interest in and some prior experience in contract review and drafting.
● Guide internal clients through the zen of deal making and contracting
● Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements with external partners, vendor agreements (IT, SaaS, HR, services, sales, product) and NDAs
● Craft, develop and maintain processes, playbooks, workflows, and trainings for a variety of contracting activities
● Assist with certain legal operations for legal department (i.e. document storage, template updates and template management)
● J.D. from a nationally or internationally-recognized law school
● Minimum 2-3 years’ experience of contract review
● Ability to understand, review and draft contractual terms using a standard playbook; experience in redlining and negotiating agreements
● Prior experience working directly with partners throughout an organization including engineering, commercial and/or customer service teams
● Exceptional facility with spotting issues, assessing and communicating risks, making common-sense decisions in the face of ambiguity, and finding flexible/creative solutions to achieve business goals
● Ability to balance multiple matters simultaneously, to allocate time and efforts commensurate to the relative importance of tasks, and to respond quickly to shifting priorities under tight deadlines
● Highly motivated and resourceful with the ability to work proactively and independently
● Excellent judgment, high integrity, and strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a “can-do” attitude
● Adaptability and openness to taking on tasks in new or unfamiliar areas of the law
● Prior experience working at a technology company a plus (but not required)
● Language skills and/or multijurisdictional experience a plus (but not required)
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our partners. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Senior Data Scientist Payments
Posted: Invalid Date
IT Technician - Level 1
Fulfillment Support Associate
Jr. Authentication Support Associate
Posted: Jun 14, 2022
Inventory Control Manager