As Vanta’s first Customer Education Manager, you will have significant impact on Customer Experience through ownership of various customer education platforms and content.
At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it.
The highest priority for this new role and function is to provide helpful and seamless help and educational experiences to Vanta customers, as a means to increase customer health and ultimately drive best-in-class retention.
What you’ll do as a Customer Education Manager at Vanta:
- Build, own and execute on a program that elevates the quality and impact of Vanta’s customer education content - including evolution of the Help Center and Vanta Learning
- Write, edit, record and publish educational content across a variety of platforms
- Utilize a data-driven approach to identify gaps and define objectives to improve customer experience
- Work to surface the right educational content, in the right place and at the right time for Vanta customers
- Report to the Head of Customer Experience (“CX”) and collaborate closely with a number of cross functional teams across Product, Marketing and CX
- Eventually build and lead a lean team to meet the growing customer education needs
How to be successful in this role:
- Have 2+ years experience in customer education design and execution, ideally in B2B SaaS
- Have some experience or at least deep curiosity and enthusiasm for compliance and security
- Have the ability to simplify and communicate complex, technical ideas to a broad audience
- Be an enthusiastic collaborator who is ready to partner with teams across Vanta to deliver high-quality educational content for our customer base
- Be adept at leading projects with minimal direction and are excited about to build and improve
- Have leadership and hiring experience
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
We started Vanta in 2016 as Equifax had lost every American's social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers' credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta's mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.
We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn't certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.