The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We're looking for an experienced education services manager to drive excellence in our regional customer training business. The Manager/Sr. Manager Customer Training has overall responsibility for business development, delivery execution, and team management for MongoDB’s training business in the Americas region.
This role is an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced training manager to have access to resources needed to rapidly grow the Americas MongoDB training team and revenues. Support from senior management, headcounts, budget, Sales buy-in, and great supporting functions–this opportunity is set up for success! Additionally, this role will work closely with the global Training Director to contribute to all aspects of the business and shaping the future of MongoDB’s premium training offerings.
This role can be based out of our Los Angles, Austin, New York or Chicago office or remotely in North America
Build the Team
- Identify and recruit top instructor talent to scale your team
- Coach and develop instructors to expand MongoDB product knowledge, teaching expertise, courses they can deliver, and programming and database admin skills
- Build a network of contractors and training partners
- Manage instructor qualification processes to ensure delivery to our high standards.
- Design the training sales strategy for the region
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives aimed at increasing customer usage of our offerings and adoption of MongoDB products
- Support sales reps (both in Professional Services and the field Account Executive team) in driving sales and consumption of premium training services
- Attend Professional Services sales meetings and manage the regional training forecast
- Ramp new PS sales reps and Account Executives to accelerate their productive capacity for selling training
- Regularly manage and contribute to various initiatives supporting the objectives of the global business
- Co-design elements of the department strategy with the director and other managers
- Maintain industry knowledge of latest training innovations and best practices
- Collect and synthesize input from various internal and external stakeholders to help understand business needs and priorities
Drive Customer Adoption and Success
- Oversee and ensure proper staffing and preparation for public and private training classes and programs
- Support project managers in accelerating usage of purchased training
- Design and manage private training programs tailored to specific customer needs
- As needed, help bring new offerings, new courses, and course updates to markets
Achieve Operational Excellence
- Design scalable, repeatable processes for world-class customer experiences
- Enable your team to achieve by organizing around a set of key performance indicators to deliver against quarterly and long-term targets
- Measure and monitor performance of the business KPIs (financials, utilization, student surveys, trained student volume, etc.)
- Provide single management point of contact for the region for any type of escalation
Our ideal candidate will have
- 2+ years of customer training business management experience
- Experience recruiting talent and developing & coaching a high-performing team
- 2+ years of quota-carrying experience for a technology company
- Ability to articulate the business value of comprehensive, premium training services
- Experience working with large and complex customers
- Familiarity with full stack development, cloud infrastructure, databases, and open source technology is a plus
- A “can-do” attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the extended Training department team
- Relentless operational focus with a metrics driven approach to continuous improvement
- Great interpersonal and customer service-oriented skills
- Ability to work across and coordinate with people in multiple time zones
- Highly adaptive and open to changes as the organization grows and its needs evolve
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.