You’re responsible for ensuring Expel delivers world-class service to a growing number of new prospects and customers from pre-sale through onboarding and the first 90 days. Your role is to own the technical side of the pre-sales process and to create the bridge between sales and delivery to ensure we are set up to meet and deliver on customer needs. You do this by working through a set of proof of concept requirements, confirming expectations are clearly set, specific customer needs are understood, and the mapping between Expel's capabilities and the customer’s needs is clear.
Working with a combination of Sales, Engagement Management, Service Delivery and Engineering, you coordinate and offer solutions and strategies that consistently meet prospects where they are, resulting in an exceptional customer experience.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with in-region account executives
- Ensure expectations are aligned amongst the sales organization, delivery, and the customer
- Identify opportunities to improve process and deliverables
- Constantly seek feedback from managers and peers to proactively identify opportunities for personal growth
- Act as a trusted advisor to prospects by having authentic and candid conversations that point them in the right direction - even if that direction isn’t Expel
- Deeply understand prospect challenges that lead them to Expel and set clear expectations around which of these challenges we can help solve and which we can’t
- Ensure we’re selling with empathy and integrity with each prospect conversation
- Support sales by collaborating on sales strategy, providing service demos to prospects, and acting as an Expel SME
- Own and drive PoCs by creating & agreeing on success criteria, building the PoC delivery plan, and making sure the delivery teams are executing effectively
- Prepare delivery teams for inbound prospects by providing details associated with prospect expectations, opportunities to show value, things to look out for, and technical details regarding their specific environment
- Own and act as an escalation point for issues that may arise during a PoC or the first 30 days of delivery
- Maintain a deep understanding of how the service works
- Maintain a working understanding of security tools including SIEM, Endpoint, Network, and Cloud technologies, with a focus on use within organizations to provide actual security value.
Non-Technical Skills Required
- Courage and boldness, ability to tackle problems or difficult conversations
- Client relationship management skills, including asking questions and helping to drive the conversation to a conclusion.
- Project management skills including scheduling, coordination, task management, and holding others accountable
- Translate technical concepts and generic models into something we (including our customers) care about using clear language and visuals
- Ability to ask clarifying questions and tackle technical objections head on
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Excellent analytical and multi-tasking skills
Technical Skills Required
- Familiarity with detection and response tools in both traditional and cloud environments
- Working knowledge of security best practices
- Understanding of corporate governance, including budgeting, compliance and reporting
- Knowledge of and ability to describe: attack vectors, threat tactics, and attacker techniques.
- Familiarity with network architecture and security infrastructure placement
Education and Experience
- Experience in security operations, incident response, and associated best practices/processes.
- Have interacted and worked with customers and sales in some number of previous roles.
- Bachelor’s degree or compelling story
- 5+ years of professional experience in technical security sales
The base salary range for this role is between $165,000 USD and $175,000 USD with an OTE between $206,000 USD and $218,000 USD
While our office is located in Herndon, VA, we are open to those based remotely who can support our clients and sales teams during standard business hours. Travel expected for this role will be up to 25%.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We're only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You’ll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits.