Have you streamed a program on Disney+, caught the latest binge-worthy series on Hulu, or tuned in for NFL highlights on social media? If the answer is yes, you have already benefited from Conviva’s technology.
At Conviva, we create the technologies and standards driving industry transformation and streaming media growth worldwide. It’s not about the data, it’s about what you do with it. As the leader in global streaming media intelligence, Conviva measures in excess of 500 million unique viewers watching 150 billion streams per year with 1.5 trillion real-time transactions per day across more than 180 countries. Our platform and products are designed to deliver the real-time, cross-screen, integrated insights our customers need to understand their business and focus on what matters. Join us as we make streaming better.
What you get to do
· Work with development teams to build and maintain cloud environments to specifications developed closely with multiple teams. Support (and automate) the deployment of applications into those environments.
· Diagnose and resolve occurring, latent and systemic reliability issues across entire stack: hardware, software, application and network. Work closely with development teams to troubleshoot and resolve application and service issues.
· Continuously improve Conviva SaaS services and infrastructure for availability, performance and security.
· Implement security best practices – up-to-date operating systems, applications, stronger access controls, etc.
· Automate everything. Build proactive monitoring and alerting tools.
· Participate in on-call rotations.
What you bring to the role
· 4+ years of experience in DevOps including automated system configuration, application deployment, and infrastructure-as-code.
· Good Linux system administration abilities.
· Experience in any one of the scripting languages: Shell, Perl or Python.
· Real-world experience in AWS (Amazon Web Services) and/or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) environments. Multi-account management is a plus.
· Experience with managing production environments on AWS and/or GCP and/or another cloud IaaS.
· Good understanding CI/CD pipelines using GitHub, CircleCI/Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory/Nexus.
· Experience in any configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef is necessary.
· Experience in containerization using Docker and orchestration using Kubernetes/EKS is necessary.
· Good understanding of Git, SSL and DNS.
· Basic understanding of networking.
· Knowledge of BigData (Hadoop/Druid) systems administration will be a plus.
· Knowledge of managing and running DBs (MySQL/MSSQL/Postgres) will be an added advantage.
Conviva is the leader in streaming media intelligence, powered by its real-time platform. More than 250 industry leaders and brands – including CBS, CCTV, Cirque Du Soleil, DAZN, Disney+, HBO, Hulu, Sky, Sling TV, TED, Univision, and WarnerMedia – rely on Conviva to maximize their consumer engagement, deliver the quality experiences viewers expect and drive revenue growth. With a global footprint of more than 500 million unique viewers watching 150 billion streams per year across 3 billion applications streaming on devices, Conviva offers streaming providers unmatched scale for continuous video measurement, intelligence and benchmarking across every stream, every screen, every second. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices around the world. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com.