Have you streamed a program on Disney+, caught the latest binge-worthy series on Hulu, or tuned in for NFL highlights on social media? If the answer is yes, you have already benefitted from Conviva’s technology.
At Conviva, we create the technologies and standards driving industry transformation and streaming growth worldwide. It’s not about the data, it’s about what you do with it. As the leader in census, continuous measurement and engagement for streaming, Conviva measures in excess of 500 million unique viewers watching 200 billion streams per year with 3 trillion real-time transactions per day across more than 180 countries. Our platform is designed to deliver the insights our customers need to understand their business and focus on what matters. Join us as we make streaming better.
Conviva's Customer Support Engineer is responsible for delivering effective technical customer support to our growing client base. Our team receives and responds to incoming support requests from clients and assures a satisfactory solution to problems as they arise.
What You Get to Do:
• Respond to client support inquiries in a timely manner to meet our contracted Service Line Agreements (SLAs) with customers.
• Perform Level 1 troubleshooting in order to resolve support inquiries and escalations.
• Take ownership of technical issues and engage other teams as necessary to resolve advanced issues including the opening of bug requests and tracking their resolution with Engineering.
• Triaging implementation issues with Integration Services.
• Contribution towards ongoing support processes and procedure improvement.
• Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
• Servicing other Conviva teams with Systems, Account configuration, and other maintenance tasks.
• Generate client report requests.
• Live Event support for some of the largest global streaming events.
• Work in rotation for on-call duties for servicing P0 (critical) support requests 24/7.
• Write and post customer facing incident notifications.
• Utilize tools to post banners.
• Manage status pages during ongoing incidents.
What You Bring to the Role:
• BS/BA and a minimum of 5+ years in customer service or support experience in a dynamic technology entity.
• Experience with and knowledge of relevant streaming media protocols, applications, and devices.
• Experience using API and utilizing call configurations.
• Basic experience with big data technologies such as Spark or Databricks and related tools.
• Knowledge of PC, Mac, and server hardware.
• Strong understanding of Application Programming Interface (API) and real-world experience with implementations and uses.
• Technical Content Delivery Network (CDN) knowledge, understanding of the CDN market, and where they operate.
• Understanding of how publishers utilize Content Management Systems.
• Strong general IT background, including networking, operating systems, browsers, set top boxes devices.
• Knowledge of best practices in customer service and a willingness to solve problems in order to make customers satisfied.
• Experience using customer relationship management and case management tools - Salesforce and Jira.
• Able to use a variety of trace tools and interpret logs as part of routine investigations.
• Ability to identify, isolate, and communicate problems at all levels of user and tech staff.
• Ability to work on a flexible schedule and after hours if needed.
• Great communication skills both written and verbal and a sense of urgency and diplomacy in all interactions.
Conviva is the leader in streaming media intelligence, powered by its real-time platform. More than 250 industry leaders and brands – including CBS, CCTV, Cirque Du Soleil, DAZN, Disney+, HBO, Hulu, Sky, Sling TV, TED, Univision, and WarnerMedia – rely on Conviva to maximize their consumer engagement, deliver the quality experiences viewers expect and drive revenue growth. With a global footprint of more than 500 million unique viewers watching 150 billion streams per year across 3 billion applications streaming on devices, Conviva offers streaming providers unmatched scale for continuous video measurement, intelligence and benchmarking across every stream, every screen, every second. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices around the world. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com.