We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Mobile devices have reshaped personal computing—the power of a desktop now fits in our pockets. By giving everyone the building blocks to create their own tools, we'll solve more problems wherever we go. A delightful, intuitive mobile experience: that's our guiding light, and we need Android engineers to make it a reality.
What You'll Achieve:
- You'll work with the team to plan, shape, and build new product features for our Android app. This might include a better mobile text input experience.
- You'll improve the performance, reliability, and polish of our Android app. This might involve rewriting a cache system to decrease startup time.
- You'll help build and improve internal tools with simplicity and productivity in mind. For example, you might write a script that makes it easier to deploy new versions of our apps.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Ability to ship quality apps at scale: You can work with a team to build and maintain quality Android apps for a large audience. You're familiar with Kotlin or Java and have handled UI, networking, and threading in those languages.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about business impact and prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Team player: For you, work isn't a solo endeavor. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same.
Nice to Haves:
- You're proficient with any part of our technology stack: Kotlin, Swift, React, TypeScript, Node.js, Postgres.
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others—and understand why we're big fans of their work.
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, history, or social sciences.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.