What Ethos is looking for in applicants
Ethos is a new kind of life insurance built for people who don't have time for fine print, extra doctor's appointments or hidden fees. We have transformed a 15 week process of paper applications and medical exams, into just the click of a button - by quantifying the user’s health risk using predictive models.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as CNBC's 100 startups to look out for, as well as featured on Forbes for being one of Sequoia Capital's key investments. We are growing quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
As a front-end developer, you’ll work closely with our product and design team to build beautiful user interfaces for our web app on all screen formats. We make the most of modern tools like React, ES6, SASS, and more.
- Collaborate with our designers to iterate and implement on design concepts
- Work with full stack/backend engineers to ship features and create experiments
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable front-end libraries and abstractions
- Find and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate best practices to the team
- 3+ years of full time engineering experience
- Extensive experience with modern client-side JS libraries and tooling such as React
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Familiarity with server-side technology such as Node.js, Rails, Django, etc.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, production environment web apps
- Experience with client-side performance and optimization
- Demonstrate design, UX sensibility, and attention to detail
- Solid CS fundamentals
Nice to Have’s
- Understanding of web security, common attacks and defenses
- Knowledge of build systems configurations and setup - such as Webpack
- Experience architecting web analytics, conversion analytics, and A/B testing systems
- Experience building and maintaining open source repositories
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Segment.js