Employer: TaxBit, Inc.
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent foreign education
Academic Discipline(s): Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Experience Required: 5 years of post-degree progressive experience in computer science or computer engineering
Lead a team of 6-10 software engineers through technical design, implementation, delivery, operations, and maintenance of software services; build modern, well-architected website front-ends that can be delivered as a website application or a hybrid mobile application; conduct regular one-on-ones and performance checkpoints with team members; deploy written performance improvement plans; maintain effective communication and collaboration with local and remote partner teams in completing interdependent work items; guide design decisions and technical direction for engineers, product managers, user experience designers, and senior leaders; regularly communicate project status and engineering key performance indicators to leaders and partner teams; develop team members through entry, mid, and senior level career stages with personalized career development plans; incentivize quality code, customer focus, and effective communication; engage with customers and Client Experience teams to identify problems, test ideas, and refine workflows; promote modern technical standards for front-end development; participate in code reviews, learning, and spreading technical knowledge with the team; and participate as a senior decision maker and hiring manager on interview loops.
- Experience working as a team lead.
- Experience working with project management (Objectives and Key Results and Agile software development).
- Experience with coaching and mentoring junior software engineers.
- Experience with hiring, interviewing, and providing guidance to software engineers on career development opportunities.
- Experience working with Styled-Components, Jest, React Testing Library, and End to End (E2E) Test Automation.
- Experience working with Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services and Node.js.
- Experience working with system design.
- Experience working with front-end architecture.
- Experience with live debugging on websites and fixing customer issues.
Salary (Annual): $206,482.00 - $220,000.00
Work Location: 801 Blanchard Street, Suite 400, Seattle, Washington 98121
Hours of work: Usually 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday – must be willing to work nights and weekends (fully-remote work prohibited)
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Insurance Package; Dental, Medical, Vision coverage with certain plans eligible for 100% medical premium coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Friday team lunches
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Affordable and Optional Short & Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days remote
- Autonomous and flexible work
**Vaccines are mandatory in order to foster a safe environment.