At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team, and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
About the role:
Vercel is looking for an Expert Sales Coach / Sr Trainer to join our growing Go To Market Enablement team. You will focus on imparting their own knowledge from the world of Enterprise sales and coach account executives as well as other sales functions using science-backed mentoring methods. You don’t need to have a coaching background, we’ll have a skilled team who can guide you how to transfer your knowledge but you are a former enterprise sales Rockstar preferable in the dev/tech world hungry to share your secret sauce.
You will join the GTM Enablement team at Vercel as an early team member and will be responsible for designing enablement experiences for a global, hyper-growth sales organization.
We encourage candidates from the Americas and EMEA to apply (provided you’re fine working later, or to have some US time zones overlap).
What You Will Do:
- Act as the second pair of eyes to the salespeople and help approach deals differently
- Develops a relationship with the sales team that makes it easy to communicate their ideas and issues they are facing.
- Researches company objectives and learning sales strategies
- Help drive our sales to the next level through targeting and tailored individual sales coaching
- Help onboard and train new salespeople
- Identify individual and team training needs
- Determine how to really win Enterprise sales in the dev environment
- Develop educational material, including presentations, sales scripts and case studies
- Design training courses using gamification, role-playing activities and job simulation
- Gather feedback on all training programs from trainees, managers and instructors
- Set annual learning and development objectives for the sales team
- Maintain updated records of educational curriculum and material
- Evaluate employees’ performance after each training
- Proven track record as an Enterprise Account Executive in a software organization
- Preferably you worked in a product-led / developer-oriented company
- Ideally, a work experience as a Sales Coach, Sales Trainer or similar role
- Familiarity with role-playing activities and e-learning platforms
- Hands-on experience creating presentations (e.g. videos or slides)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to empower people
- Problem-solving skills
- Additional training certification is a plus
- Demonstrable understanding of high growth environments and asynchronous collaboration.
- Ability to establish rapport with sales leaders and other stakeholders throughout the business
- Ability to travel, if needed.
- You know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help.
- You like to have fun and collaborate with others.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited vacation policy - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.