TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
The Solution Architect for Public Sector Sales will be a pre-sales role primarily aligned with the account executive responsible for TaxBit’s work with the IRS. This individual will need to evolve the current TaxBit managed services offering into a product relationship within two categories: digital asset audits and the electronic filing of cryptocurrency.
TaxBit is well-positioned to accomplish these challenges with our current technology offerings, but we need customer engagement to build the appropriate product front end and architecture integration with current IRS IT systems.
- Serve as a thought partner to our account executives and government customers on all technical aspects of the sales process
- Establish trusted advisor status with key IT architecture associates at the customer level
- Lead technical discovery and scoping conversations to identify customer needs, use cases and source systems
- Prepare and present custom demos or proof of concepts (PoC) for TaxBit’s various products
- Build rapport and establish credibility with client stakeholders including business, IT, and executive personas
- Consult, advise, and effectively answer complex questions on TaxBit’s Enterprise APIs and security architecture
- Help respond to large RFPs with a focus on technical/engineering-related questions and content
- Produce reusable content and collateral to support future deal pursuits
- Systematically share feedback from sales conversations with our Product and Engineering teams
- Engage with systems integration partners in building the overall solution for electronic tax filing and audits
- Seamlessly hand-off deals and transfer knowledge from TaxBit’s pre-sales to post-sales Implementation and Customer Experience teams
- 10+ years of experience in sales engineering, technical sales, and/or professional services
- Previous IT experience with the IRS and other financial agency systems; past or current clearance for US government/IRS IT systems access preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or other technical field
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to understand and document customer requirements
- Experience prototyping and wireframing preferably in Figma
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
- Collaborative team-working skills including partnering with Engineering and Product teams
- Commercial acumen and passion for closing deals
- Growth mindset and ability to wear different hats as the needs of the business continue to evolve
- Familiarity with SaaS and cloud architecture
- Previous experience with API-based and/or other highly technical products
- Knowledge and expertise in crypto and/or tax and accounting
- Strategic problem-solving; exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Ability to leverage a growth mindset to ideate and evaluate hypotheses for improving outcomes across TaxBit’s revenue funnel
- Proven ability to ask the right questions and use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide range of partners
- Passion for, and experience with, building new systems, thinking creatively about growth, and helping others develop solutionsAbility to thrive amidst ambiguity
- Passion for and curiosity about crypto and virtual currencies
- Flexible and comfortable with feedback and change during projects
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Insurance Package; Dental, Medical, Vision coverage with certain plans eligible for 100% medical premium coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Friday team lunches
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Affordable and Optional Short & Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days remote
- Autonomous and flexible work
**Vaccines are mandatory in order to foster a safe environment.