Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We are looking for an experienced, proven, and passionate leader who’s ready to manage and develop a large, multi-location, high complexity outsourced partner network across relationships and operational readiness. . This role will have a material impact on our business outcomes from both an operation and financial pov. The Senior Manager, Regional Partner Operations will use deep domain expertise across a range of BPO operations and leadership skills to own and enrich the relationships between Airbnb and a strategic partner in a globally critical region while driving and supporting successful outcomes. They will drive a compelling vision based on their deep functional expertise in Customer and Partner Operations while working collaboratively across senior functional leadership across CS.
- Owner of partner relationships across key geographic regions encompassing multiple partners/sites/Lines of business.
- Sets the Partner management strategy for their region and builds optimal partner service delivery model that reaches across multiple regions depending on partner, for all Airbnb services.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of Headcount and production hours across all services within geographic region that delivers on contractual commitments thus ensuring our Service Delivery team is set up for success.
- Drives alignment and collaboration with wider functional stakeholder groups across
Finance, CS Functional groups and Service Delivery function.
- Responsible for partner Spend and tracking of spend from order to invoice.
- Owner of CS procurement process for their region comprising complex RFI/RFP processes, contracts and commercial negotiation for multi year/ multi million spend comprising a significant portion of overall CS Budget
- Inputs at global level across CS and Partner Strategy given deep domain expertise. Work along with internal stakeholders and leadership to drive CS goals.
- Builds for the long term through multi year planning as well as ensuring CS team leverages partner knowledge of industry trends
- Management and development of a senior team PRMs who interface across critical business touchpoints
- Supports Trust Partner Management Strategic network planning model as well as other non CS functions that are looking to Outsource aspects of their service.
- Considered Domain expert in all aspects of Outsourcing
- Lead and/or participate in Operations-specific and/or company wide projects that may be assigned by leadership
- Owns relationship with senior stakeholders across Partner network.
Behaviors & Competencies
- Managing Vision & Purpose: You can articulate a compelling, inclusive vision for the future that anticipates trends and possibilities. You're a determined optimist whose optimism is contagious. You get others excited about your outlook and invested in its success. You recruit enthusiastic support. You acknowledge the importance and impact of your team's work, and you can clearly communicate the ways it contributes to Airbnb’s mission. You recognize what drives your audience and can steer them toward a common goal.
- Taking Initiative: You understand the importance of working hard, and you're willing to invest your energy into new challenges. If you see an opportunity to contribute or make things better, you take it—you don't wait around to be asked. You're comfortable acting with minimal planning, direction, and supervision. You can identify issues both within and outside of your immediate scope, and propose solutions.
- Business Acumen: You see the “big picture” of our organization. You understand how the key drivers of our business relate to each other, and how your actions and decisions impact Airbnb's key objectives. You're aware of the current trends in our industry, and can propose improvements to keep up with changing market demands. You're forward-thinking. You understand the cost drivers that underlie our teams and the teams we interact with. You understand your department's KPIs and know how to quickly find information on current performance.
- Balancing Perspectives: You look at the "big picture," not just the situation directly in front of you. You're open to being wrong, can assess situations objectively, and can evaluate multiple points of view. You're able to see how every part of the business is affected by a situation, and you devise plans and strategies accordingly. You think globally, and take the broadest possible view of issues and challenges. You assume positive intent. You effectively consider all of the factors at play and envision many possible outcomes.
- 10-12+ years of progressively responsible leadership experience in customer service operations (BPO preferred, 10+ years captive accepted).
- A proven track record of managing relationships and driving outcomes across a matrixed organization that covers a wide range of geographies, languages, time zones, etc
- Expert level and creative performance results storyteller with strong analytical skills and the ability to clarify and prioritize using data.
- Experience driving B2B relationships and leading outside teams to exceed goals
- Deep understanding of Customer Service Operations and all functional areas that interface with partners including ability to shape/input functional strategies
- Ability to work under conditions of ambiguity in a fast-growth, sometimes uncertain and complex environment - comfortable acting with minimal planning, direction, and supervision. You can identify issues both within and outside of your immediate scope, and propose solutions.
- Role model core values to colleagues and direct reports in how you do your job each day.
- Proven Track record of people development, employee engagement and people manager skills.
- Proficient with data analysis, experience working with BI tools.
The starting base pay for this role is between $170,000 and $215,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.