The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Dublin, for our hybrid working model.
The MongoDB Security Organization is responsible for understanding the CyberSecurity risks and threats that the business faces, and implements policies, processes and technology that reduces risk in alignment with business priorities. Cyber Security is a fast changing discipline, applies to every single employee and is a critical concern for our customers.
As an Information Security Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Security Organization’s projects are managed in a consistent and efficient means and are planned in a business-appropriate manner to ensure we can successfully deliver on-time utilizing available resources and capacity.
The right candidate for this role will be
- Demonstrated skills at building strong working relationships and influencing both internal and external partners at all levels; has passion and convictions and the innate ability to encourage passion in others
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise multiple projects/priorities and report project details to management
- Hyper-organized and capable of juggling all of the data associated with projects and task-tracking
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous and constantly evolving work environment
- Inspired to identify and innovate in areas where automation can replace manual work
- Trained in working with project tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
- Demonstrable analytical skills using data to derive impactful insights and drive decisions in a business environment
- At ease operating in a small, dynamic, fast growing team, able to be self-sufficient with an ability to have a can-do attitude and make oneself accountable
- Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of technical and non-technical teams
- Experienced leading process improvement, systems development, and project management across cross-functional teams
- Hungry to expand knowledge of new domains in all areas of our business
- Knowledgeable in technology development best practices (such as Agile)
- Information Security knowledge or experience is a plus, but not required
- Passionate about learning more about Security
- Maintain excellence of project governance with internal and customer stakeholders, managing day-to-day project planning and execution, project scope, expectations and risks, and ensuring timelines are met and quality deliverables produced.
- Partner with Information Security leadership, team leads and internal customers to develop mechanisms for identifying and reporting requirements, issues, and opportunities
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom
- Demonstrated ability to work across cross functional teams to deliver large, complex IT solutions
- Responsible for feature definition (concept through implementation) including business requirements gathering and documentation
- Responsible for prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, schedule, performance, and cost
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
- Ensure robust communication internal to MongoDB, within the project team, and from the team to the customer
- Act as the glue between Information Security teams and internal customers
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Implement and improve the processes and tools that inform the daily life of Information Security team members; educate team members on new improvements
- In 3 months you’ll have fully ramped up to understand the Information Security Organization’s goals, current priorities and current methods of project management and team coordination
- In 6 months you’ll assist with InfoSec project management and help work with program management to update the process based on feedback you’ve received. You’ll have developed relationships internally as well as across the org helping the team effectively and more efficiently complete projects
- In 12 months you’ll have recommended, identified and implemented a subset of areas for process improvement within the Security Organization
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer