The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
About the role
The Vice President of Sales Enablement will lead MongoDB’s global enablement organization with the goal of accelerating productivity across Sales and GTM functions. This is a highly visible executive leadership position and the successful candidate will be equally comfortable driving near term results while scaling the people, processes, and systems for the future in a dynamic, hyper growth environment. We are looking for a charismatic leader committed to the development of their people and the enhancement of our unique corporate culture. We are building an organization with a legendary reputation of excellence, integrity, ownership, innovation, collaboration, customer-centricity, and data-driven insights that allow our team members, the greater salesforce, and MongoDB customers to achieve their professional and personal aspirations. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience implementing and evolving sales methodologies, delivering world-class enablement & training programs, scaling high growth enablement teams, providing targeted coaching & development, optimizing sales resources, and equipping leadership with actionable insights. We are constantly piloting and innovating our programs including leveraging technology, tools, and AI/ML to accelerate productivity.
This role can be based remotely in North America or EMEA.
What you will be doing
- Lead, grow, and evolve high performing team of Sales Enablement leaders across delivery, program/project management, and enablement systems administration
- Partner with senior executives on the most strategic sales and GTM programs
- Drive strategic initiatives across both 1) the worldwide enablement team which supports efforts that impact the broader sales/GTM organization, and 2) the “embedded” enablement teams which are aligned by geo, segment, and/or role including support for Enterprise, Corporate, Inside Sales/SDR, Solution Architects, Customer Success, Cloud, Partner, and Sales Operations/Productivity
- Deliver results against our 3 main objectives: 1) Prioritize sales leader enablement as a force multiplier, 2) Accelerate ramping seller productivity through enhanced onboarding programs, 3) Accelerate ramped productivity through ever-boarding continuous learning programs including the MongoDB career journey program known as “BDR to CRO”
- Recruit and develop exceptionally talented enablement professionals that will serve as strategic enablement and productivity partners across the business with a team that features both tenured enablement specialists and recent internal transfers from field roles
- Ensure high standards of excellence across all programs
- Genuine leadership with high integrity
- Take ownership and proactively drive cross-functional initiatives that impact sales productivity
- Accelerate innovation through a culture of piloting and experimentation, scaling successful initiatives while also “failing fast” and taking learnings from unsuccessful initiatives
- Collaborate with range of stakeholders across sales/GTM, product marketing, L&D, HR, operations, technology, and more
- Focus on customer-centricity by delivering relevant “sales-centric” programs and enhancements that allow our end customers to accelerate outcomes using MongoDB
- Leverage data-driven insights and analytics to inform decision making while also balancing anecdotes & feedback from stakeholders to maximize impact
- Facilitation of select global in-person & virtual trainings with domain expertise and passion
- Development of content that makes complex concepts easy to understand
- Providing subject matter expertise to the field through eLearning, remote learning, in-person sessions
- Leverage our suite of enablement and sales tools to enhance development and accelerate productivity
What you bring to the table
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience across enablement and customer facing roles
- Experience leading and scaling global enablement organization in a highly matrixed, high-growth environment
- A track record of developing impactful strategic programs
- Experience implementing Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, Command of the Message, SPIN, Challenger Sales, etc.)
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through - can own and take tasks through to completion
- Interpersonal skills- ability to network inside the company, create relationships and source input
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of their time
Things we love (nice to have)
- Familiarity with databases, developers, and open source technology
- Experience with technology company selling consumption-based pricing models
- MBA or relevant Advanced Degree
Why join now
- MongoDB invests 8x the industry average in development of each of our new hires & continuous career development
- Best in breed Sales trainings in MEDDIC and Command of the Message, including our comprehensive Sales Bootcamps and development programs
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.