Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Trust organization protects, guides, and mobilizes the creation of trust in our community and on our platform. We hire quality talent who embody our company values and hold a steadfast commitment to creating a world where anyone in the Airbnb community can host, travel, and connect with peace of mind.
The International Risk Operations (Int'l Risk Ops) team, as part of the Trust Operations PiO (Platform Integrity Operations) structure, aims to develop relationships with Regional and Country Leaders, focusing on monitoring local risks while partnering with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to create or customize defenses.
- You are an experienced professional with a solid track record for providing excellent service in an evolving global market, but with a local touch;
- You are creative, having the capacity to organize wing-to-wing programs that involve cross/multifunctional members with a compelling and clear purpose, while being agile and flexible to navigate changes;
- You are familiar with best-in-class operational and project management. methodologies, and will leverage as needed to create a compelling narrative with senior level stakeholders;
- You have a natural inclination to collaborate, share knowledge and expand workforce capacity within a lean structure;
- You are able to navigate across the organization with engagement and purpose (hands-on), while exercising discretion and sensitivity; you are data savvy and use narratives as a key tool to articulate ideas, obtain buy-in and solve conflicts to achieve key results.
How you’ll make an impact
As the Platform Integrity Ops Lead you represent the Trust Operations efforts in EMEA, since global scale tools, policies and workflows may require a gradual customization to attend specificities in local markets as our platform expands.
You strive to push programs, projects and operational improvements forward, collaborate on policy changes and help define processes that add the "local sauce", corresponding to Community needs.
You will use your sharp relationship skills, strong narrative crafting and inspiring energy to bring together different internal and external teams together to get things done.
In this role you’ll get to
- Help design a brand new framework for your respective region based on previous experiences;
- Map, analyze and develop from ground zero a solid internal network of key stakeholders;
- Work closely with local (Regional Leaders, Field Management, Campaigns, …) and global functional (Community Policy, Product Management, Legal/Privacy, Engineering) teams to capture needs (not necessarily driven by volumes), localize root-causes, propose solutions, design action plans and promote the Community "peace of mind" leveraging existing defenses or advocating for new ones;
- Define, extract, format and provide safety-related metrics (KPIs) not available or still not adjusted for a specific region or country;
- Stay tuned in on market trends, news, spot events, spikes, …, that influence the core business, including but not limited to our own ecosystem (Voice of Customer).
We are looking for people who have
- Bachelor's/Master's degree and minimum 6 years of experience in a fast-paced service/technology organization;
- Program management expertise on complex and broad contexts, using high-end methodologies and practices with fluency and capacity to convert them on digestible content for stakeholders;
- Proven record on building relationships with cross-functionals in a growing and diverse environment; facility on held periodic agendas to provide updates and capture needs with remote teams on different time zones; you can deal with ambiguity and use it to boost your deliverables;
- Comfortable taking the lead with large volumes of data and able to do in-depth interpretation and propose initiatives (familiarity with SQL and Ms-Excel/GSheets is a bonus);
- Fluency in English, plus a key language to the respective region where it will be focused (FR, ES, DE).
- Certification on operational excellence and project management standards (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, PMP, Prince, Agile, …);
- Ability to structure solutions using quanti and quali inputs, not always available or ready to go; capacity of organize programs with clear purpose, being agile and flexible on changes;
- Strong ability to influence stakeholders at various levels on multicultural scenarios, exercising executive presence on strategic themes;
- Knowledge in safety, integrity, fraud, crisis mgmt. or correlated areas.