The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Technical Services uses its exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with its deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems like:
- Consulting on application or schema design
- Optimizing performance and solving scalability issues
- Resolving production outages
- Designing and reviewing operational procedures like business continuity plans
- Explaining the internals of MongoDB
The Technical Services Team Lead must have the technical skills to be able to tackle the various issues mentioned above, as well as the leadership ability to help build, mentor, and grow the rest of the Technical Services team. The MongoDB staff have a fanatical commitment to our customers’ success and it’s important that you share that.
The Technical Services Team Lead reports into the regional manager and will be supervising the core engineers in their location.
- Help our customers succeed by solving their challenging technical problems, all the way from design through to production operations. This includes supervising their team’s workflow, working on hands-on customer issues, and managing problem escalation
- Lead their local team, including coordinating, mentoring, and actively helping to recruit new members of the team. This includes performing resume reviews, phone screens, and in-person interviews, making hiring recommendations to the Technical Services Manager, running local team meetings, and providing regular mentoring and guidance to their team
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, benchmarking, building documentation and training guides, and providing oversight on other engineers’ project work
- Optional, but encouraged: interact with the community at meetups and conferences
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong background in one or more of the following (ideally with some experience in the rest):
- Systems administration
- Network administration
- Database administration
- Data architecture and design
- Performance tuning and benchmarking
- Technical Support on back-end services (example: databases)
- Software development
- Application design
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- The ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real, end-to-end technical issues
- Team leadership or management skills, preferably with hands-on experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (Linux or Windows), networks (including firewalls and load balancers)
- Experience managing large scale databases (RDBMS or NoSQL or both)
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Experience leading/managing full teams of engineers
- In 3 months, you’ll have gained a deep understanding of MongoDB, its ecosystem. You will complete New Hire Training
- In 6 months, you will be comfortable working frontline with our customers and also collaborate with your team. You will also complete the MongoDB Certified DBA Associate exam
- In 12 months, you will work on gaining expertise in niche areas within the MongoDB ecosystem and will be helping/guiding your team in advance diagnostics and complex situations. You will also start creating and working on plans to improve the quality of service provided by the team
Feel free to review the below blog post to know more about the Technical Services team
- What it’s like to be a Technical Services Engineer at MongoDB
- Solving Complex Technical Challenges with MongoDB’s Technical Services Team
- How MongoDB’s Technical Services Team Solves Customers’ Complex Problems
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Bengaluru for our hybrid working model.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
"MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer."