Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Trust organization protects, guides, and mobilizes the creation of trust in our community and on our platform. We hire quality talent who embody our company values and hold a steadfast commitment to creating a world where anyone in the Airbnb community can host, travel, and connect with peace of mind.
The privacy team is responsible for implementing and maintaining a world class privacy program and supporting our product and engineering work to deliver a respected and trusted experience to the Airbnb community and to maintain compliance with all applicable privacy & data protection laws.
- Possess a deep respect and passion for privacy as a human right.
- Self-motivated, proactive, with creative and critical thinking capabilities with a personal stake in everything that you work on.
- Competent and comfortable building strong relationships and driving cross-company alignment.
- Ability to work independently to create structures and build consensus around operational concepts.
- Comfortable performing under pressure to hit deadlines in an ambiguous matrixed organization.
How you’ll make an impact
As a key member of the privacy team, you will partner with other privacy professionals across the company to
- Collaborate closely with Airbnb business areas to enable privacy by design in our products, services and business processes
- Provide significant contributions to the overall global privacy strategy and program, including policy and standards, privacy impact assessments, data subject rights processing, privacy controls, user experience, employee awareness & training, and incident management
- Maintain a particular knowledge area specialism, and drive related initiatives, in areas such as privacy machine learning & data science, data ethics, privacy in marketing & advertising, privacy training, or privacy operations.
- Partner closely and collaboratively with the privacy legal team in the execution of privacy program functions
- Ensure compliance and operational risks are identified, escalated to the appropriate team and take appropriate steps to remediate risk
- Keep up with cutting-edge privacy innovations, technologies, approaches, and techniques that can potentially be applied to Airbnb
- Define and drive program planning and prioritization and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet agreed upon deadlines and business needs
- Define success metrics while keeping the metrics up to date and relevant
- Work closely with all business, ops, and product stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of our privacy ambitions
- Present program area and initiative status to leadership on an ongoing basis
We are looking for people who have
- 8+ years experience, including at least 4 years experience in privacy management, preferably in a global B2C technology company
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus and deliver results in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with technical, operations and business partners at all levels
- Success in working with product and engineering teams to define requirements and implement effective technical tools.
- Proven ability to translate policy and business requirements and work with various levels of business stakeholders to create innovative scalable solutions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse stakeholder audience, including a global team of C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Strategic platform and system thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Innate capability to, directly and indirectly, lead cross-functional teams through success
- Experience within the diversity and inclusion space
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), or equivalent professional certification is not required, but preferred.
The starting base pay for this role is between $150,000 and $190,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.