Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Airbnb Capability Center
Airbnb Capability Center was set up in 2017 in Gurgaon to service the global Airbnb community. We are a fast-growing, up-and-coming office and home to the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Our small and extremely capable team of Gurgaon-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market. Airbnb Capability Center is providing varied services under Community Support thereby providing world-class customer experience to our customers. Besides this, Airbnb Capability Center is also building deep capabilities for different verticals like Homes, Finance Technology Group, Finance Shared Services, Analytics, Engineering, etc.
- The role will be based in India and part of the Asia Pacific Legal team
- The role will report to Senior Counsel, South Asia
- Commercial Legal:
- Experience of leading commercial transactions including, inter alia, master services agreements, manpower consultancy, SaaS agreements, software licensing agreements and strategic partnership agreements.
- Ability to spot issues, conduct legal analysis and risk assessments while making recommendations
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate internally to drive towards an aligned internal position
- Engaging with outside counsel, as necessary, to assess the legal risks and provide robust legal analysis
- Employment Legal:
- Delivering clear, effective and practical legal advice to the Talent team, including queries relating to employment laws, internal policies and workflow.
- Advising the Employee Relations team, and the Internal Complaints Committee (if necessary), in any contentious employee matters, domestic inquiry process, matters involving employment laws.
- Should have experience of handling matters relating to sexual harassment at workplace, including formulating policies, advising the internal management, analysing risks and recommending strategies and guardrails.
- Assisting with investigation and distilling facts into clear and concise reports
- Engaging with outside counsel, as necessary to assess the legal risks and provide robust legal analysis
- Providing sensible legal risk assessments which consider practical solutions to mitigate legal risk whilst keeping business priorities at the forefront.
- Ability to spot key risks, analyze and assess risk, and provide actionable recommendations.
- Effectively collaborate with regional and global colleagues, whether in APAC or globally, to provide globally aligned legal advice that appropriately balances domestic and global perspectives and needs.
- Keeping up to date with new developments in employment legislations
Experience & Educational Qualification
- Strong experience in handling complex employment legal issues including those relating to industrial relations
- Experience of leading complex commercial contracts
- Experience in a large IT/ITeS company / global conglomerate with a COE / shared services business segments / direct to consumer business will be preferred.
- Must have a minimum educational qualification of B.A. LL.B. (law graduate) from a recognised university
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English is essential.
What’s needed to be successful
- Ability to spot key risks, analyze and assess risk, and provide actionable & pragmatic recommendations
- Good collaborator with cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Methodical and well organized, able to effectively manage investigations, and crafting workflows, protocols and processes.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize
- Fast learner and willing to take initiative
- Comfortable with dealing with ambiguity and a dynamic fast paced environment
- Flexibility to work overtime during emergency matters
- Self-starter, driven and able to work autonomously while prioritizing competing tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Empathetic, caring, humble, keen learner with growth mindset, entrepreneurial.
- Adaptable individual possessing high integrity, excellent judgment, a sense of humour and a love for fun and adventure