Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
Underwriting Counsel, Southwest Region
Summary of Position:
This Doma Title Insurance, Inc. underwriting counsel shall assist in underwriting decisions pertinent to residential and commercial properties located within the state of Texas.
Provides advisory guidance to associates, affiliated and independent agents and customers on Doma underwritten files. Monitors and manages high liability approvals. Communicates with and assists customers regarding company's products and services. Assists associates with title insurance underwriting relating to title and closing issues. Represents company in state and national land title associations, reviews and maintains compliance with state regulations, laws, statutes and regulations in assigned states. Maintains confidentiality. Refers to company's other Underwriting Counsel for consultation.
This role will also serve as the Company liaison embracing strategic roles with county, state and national industry organizations. This counsel will also work closely with sales team in the markets to increase market share development and with multi-state commercial and residential agents.
Agent education is critical and the multi-jurisdictional approach is critical. This role will participate in agent and associate training to benefit not only NATIC agents but all Company associates including the development and presentation of substantive webinars and in person presentations, articles and Bulletins for publication internally and in industry publications, drafting of codes for use by agent and Company production teams in developing title commitments and policies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
Under general supervision:
• Underwrites commercial and residential title closings
• Assists independent and affiliated agent title and escrow officers on extraordinary issues, questions and closing problems
• Supports Company efforts with assigned state regulators, rating agencies and bureaus and licensing organizations
• Reviews and approves high liability orders within maximum approved limits
• Provides independent and affiliated agent training and education
• Advises and meets with independent and affiliated agents regarding escrow and title closing issues.
• Supports independent and affiliated agents with marketing efforts directed at attorneys, lenders, realtors or buyer/seller clients
• Responds to claim problems, advises the title or escrow officers involved upon the request of the Doma Claims Department
• Participates as requested by management in marketing and education efforts, including developing and making presentations to large and small groups, writing Bulletins and articles for Doma internal and external publications
• Stays current and distributes to staff information regarding new laws and procedures
• Active contributions to national corporate initiatives and department wide projects as assigned
Involvement in title industry associations, state and local title organizations as well as related industry and state bar associations
• Travel on company business within state and without
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Deputy Chief Underwriting Counsel and Chief Underwriting Counsel
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Juris Doctorate degree
• Continuing legal education requirements
• Member of Bar Association and license to practice law in the state of Texas
• 5 years+ Title insurance underwriting experience and background
• Knowledge of real estate and title insurance law, bankruptcy law, RESPA, and title and settlement related issues in assigned state(s)
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Relevant computer skills: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, various title databases
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Senior Customer Success Manager (Austin/Dallas)
Posted: Invalid Date
Senior Enterprise Account Executive, Houston
Posted: Invalid Date
Senior Affiliate Marketing Manager
Remote - AMER
Senior Recruiter (GTM), APAC
Singapore, Central, Singapore, Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Senior Tax and Compliance Specialist
Remote, Santa Barbara, CA
Posted: Invalid Date