Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Every day, millions of Airbnb hosts around the world create comfortable, reliable and unique stays and Experiences for our guests. Hosting on Airbnb offers a unique way to meet our Hosts’ financial goals but the rewards for opening their home or sharing a passion go beyond their bank account. Hosting also offers a unique opportunity to share their culture and connect with people they wouldn’t have met otherwise.
Our Hosting Organization exists to bring a wider array of diverse Hosts into the Airbnb community, support their success, earn their trust, and ensure their safety and security. As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, Airbnb aspires to be the most creative company on the planet and lead the travel industry in offering an entirely new form of human-centric, experience-driven travel.
Airbnb is looking for a Senior Consumer Insights Lead to join the Consumer Insights and Trends function globally. This person will join a newly minted team that looks to provoke and inspire the organization with strategic and actionable insights.
This position will design and guide research, develop actionable insights, and communicate those insights in clear and engaging ways in order to inform business decisions for stakeholders across the organization.
- Be an indispensable partner to stakeholders by understanding their goals & needs; enabling their success via data-driven insights; and providing a strong, objective perspective on the voice of the consumer
- Lead the design and management of research conducted in partnership with external suppliers, including identifying which suppliers are a best fit for each new project
- Ensure research projects generate the insights needed to inform key business decisions, including working in partnership with stakeholders across the business
- Guide research designed to tackle a range of business challenges, and leveraging a range of both qualitative and quantitative methods, including advanced analytics
- Take a hands-on approach to analysis, storytelling & reporting, as needed, while also working with suppliers to leverage their strengths and optimize their ability to add value throughout the process
- Identify and implement new and innovative research techniques to address business needs
- Oversee supplier relationships, managing scope, budget and deliverables
- Ensure that all outputs are actionable, grounded in consumer knowledge, and guided by a broader understanding of business context and implications
- Convey findings, through both written reports and presentations, in concise and compelling ways
- Develop and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with team members, internal colleagues and stakeholders, and current and prospective research suppliers
- Avoid silos and seek out ways to add value by synthesizing and collaborating across the teams
- 12+ years of relevant research management (both client-side and agency/vendor-side research experience a plus)
- A degree in the field of research, marketing or social sciences
- Ability to plan, manage and facilitate research designed to tackle a range of objectives and that leverages a range of methods, including qual (e.g., IDIs, focus groups, ethnographies, online immersive activities) and quant (e.g., segmentation, concept testing, driver/path modeling, brand tracking, topic modeling of unstructured data, foundational audience explorations, journey/path to decision research, competitive landscape assessments)
- Strong presentation-building, storytelling, and data visualization skills (Google slides experience a plus)
- Organized, seasoned and strategic multitasker, with a hands-on approach to solving problems and accomplishing tasks in short turnarounds as needed
- Able to surface, flag and problem-solve potential issues before they arise
- Detail oriented without sacrificing a broad strategic perspective
- Flexible in response to changing needs and priorities
- Knowledgeable about the latest developments and research innovation (both methodological and analytical)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and cooperative attitude that fosters collaboration and teamwork both inside and outside the department
- Ability to read and respond to cultural cues to make the greater enterprise more effective
- Ability to make thoughtful decisions in real time to provide support and solve problems as they arise
- Comfortable in navigating and excelling in challenging environments with no playbook for success, and able to simplify
The starting base pay for this role is between $190,000 and $225,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.